Rabo leaving it late....to announce new rate

Rabo new rate tomorrow

I have just been on to Rabo and they told me they are announcing their new online savings rate tomorrow FYI.

Ireland’s only AAA rated deposit taker, RaboDirect, has announced rates effective from 1 January 2008 for demand and term savings accounts and is also removing the tiered structure for demand accounts. Balances from €1 to €1million will now uniformly attract a variable rate of 4.30% which is 0.30% higher than the current ECB rate. Demand account balances in excess of €1million will attract a variable rate of 3.95%. Previously demand account sums in excess of €10,000 attracted a 3.75% variable rate while sums under €10,000 attracted a variable rate of 5.0%. As always, there are no lodgement or withdrawal restrictions. For term accounts, RaboDirect is also offering 4.35% for 1 month notice and 4.50% for 3 months with a minimum deposit is only €500 and no upper limit. Accounts are not subject to bank charges and term deposits can be rolled over automatically as required.

On the other hand those who have deposited €22729 or more on-demand with Rabo will actually receive more interest compared to the old rates!

Gee.... I have little to do this morning! :D

It will be a case of all hands to the pumps. We're going to have to be more proactive as all the banks try to screw us.
They're not screwing anybody here. Rabo have announced their new rate. It's lower than what's on offer elsewhere. People can move their money elsewhere if they choose. Nothing untoward or mysterious! :rolleyes:

I hope some of the Rabo execs are reading this.......maybe they will reconsider.
Well "just to keep you on your toes" (As mentioned in the recorded announcment when we customers call you on the phone)
I am switching too.!!!
FA here I come !!!

Back