Rabo and the Xmas delay in the money tranfers

Godfather

Hi guys,

on monday 24th early morning (via standing order) I moved some money away from my rabo savings account. After 2 working days still no sign on the other side and usually a transfer via standing order is sorted out within a working day... Let's see if on monday 31st (after 3 working days) the money will appear on the other side...

I called their customer service and they told me that many accounts had the same issue in these days...

Is this delay a kind of XMas gift from them? Sorry for my angry tone but I'm very disappointed...

25th, 26th and 27th are not working days for banks, so Friday would have been the first working day since Monday - the same thing happened to me with an AIB-Halifax transfer so I don't imagine that it's a Rabo-specific issue.

I transferred into a Rabo account from AIB on Wednesday evening and it was there when I checked today.

I transferred money from PTSB to NR before Xmas and it still hasn't arrived so presumably this too is down to the small number of working days since the transfer was effected.

Back