Purhcase Interest...

A

ando

Hi guys,

I had a maxed out credit card of €6500 for a year or so, It was killing me so I applied and received a credit union loan to pay it off. Because of my car needing work and other expenses at the time, I could only pay off €6250 off my card with the loan, so €250 was left on the card. The payment went through on the 24th March. Today, 5th of May I see my minimum payment is €16 which is grand, but PURCHASE INTEREST has been charged at €50... Usually it’s about €70 when the card was maxed out. Could someone explain why this is? Is it because I paid off my card in the later half of March? If I don’t pay off my card in full by the end of this month, can I expect to see this charge to be occurring every month at this price??

Check your credit card agreement. Chances are you are paying interest on an amount greater than the remaing €250. Basically if you buy something for €100 but only repay €90 they usually continue to charge interest based on the €100 not on the €10 outstanding. Might not be a bad idea to request the information from them as to how they determined that figure. That should make it easier to understand.

Back