Pulling up daffodils from along the road side.

homeowner

As I was stopped at traffic lights on Braemer Road in Churchtown yesterday I saw a woman with her teenage daughter walking along with a bunch of about 20 daffodils stricking out from her shopping bag and I presumed she had bought them, but it dawned on me that she was collecting them from the side of the road. As she passed a bunch she bent down and pulled them up from nearly every tree stump along the way.

The lights changed and as I drove off I couldnt believe what I had just seen. She caught me staring at her in horror and looked away sheepishly but continued on. I thought at first she lived in one of the houses and was outside her own house but no as I watched in the read view mirror she continued along the street stopping and pulling up the daffodils and putting them into her shopping bag.

Now I am pretty sure the council or residents assoc, pays for the maintance of the road side as they are all well maintained and uniform with bunches of daffodils growing around the end of each tree along the road. Or at least there were, there isnt now.

I still cant believe she had the balls to do it in full view of everyone. I dont live there but if I did I'd be raging to see them all gone.

Back