ptsb has dropped their fixed rates for new customers. Existing customers can't fix

I told the person on phone that im switching the minute my account goes out of negative equity. Im currently 20k negative.

@Paul Reilly I fully empathise with you here. It is a really difficult situation to be in. However, telling the people at the end of the phone you will switch is not going to make any difference at all. It may make you feel better, allowing you to vent anger towards the bank, but that is all it will do.
They know you are not in a position to switch right now, so you are where you are. In any event, the Fixed Rates above all relate to LTV <90%, so you would not be able to get them in any event.

I understand you believe you are being overcharged (in general). But is that your only complaint or is there something you can consider going through the disputes process and FSO with? If not, then it really is a case of playing the waiting game and switching as soon as you can

I am now in regular contact with the Bank and its better than emailing politicians every month which is what I was doing last year and still in the same boat. The banks want our business. I am not threatening with switching I am asking them what the process is for switching once I go into positive equity be it in one year or five.

Some other bank deserves a chance. Spread the wealth. Ive done so with electric, phone broadband tv so why not mortgage.

Back