PTSB Complaints process

This was settled via small claims court the bank admitted it had no paperwork to show it was sold to me correctly on medical grounds. it was 25 euro well spent and a lot easier than going down FSO route

The Small Claims court will NOT look at the Hire Purchase/lease agreements , BUT the PPI is a service separate from the (loan) . I checked in my local Small Claims court.On any PPI sold since April 2007 ie within 6 years ,The Small claims court will look at it. .Should the Bank lose in small claims court I would think the Bank willl pay out as the Bank appeals I would think any wise Judge would hit them for Court costs.

Just to let everyone know the Small Claims Court have accepted the claim on basis service bought was not provided. They confirmed apart from 25 euros there is nno costs unless district court decision was appealed to circut court
Raging Bull..Correct me if need be.
1. Claim on Genworth on non payout. Fso found against you , so forget about it.

Your MAIN claim is on the SELLER of the PPI ,namely ptsb.
2. Claim on SELLER of policy Ptsb.If policy was sold since 1stJuly 2007 you should be under the Central Banks ,(belated)and yet unproven review.
If it is before that, still put claim to Ptsb Customer Section ,Churchyard lane ,Douglas Cork. It is up to the SELLER to explain clearly the exclusions etc.
If you send me your E-mail I will send you a questionnaire that covers most grounds.
One of the big niggles on ppi is not the miss-sell ,just the multitude of exclusions. In fairness this non disclosure falls on the SELLER not Genworth.!!

I resolved this through small claims court as PTSB could not show any paperwork to demonstrate it was correctly sold to me

Back