Proof of earnings, Qualified Adult

Hi, husband is on Partial capacity a few years now. Was sent a form for review recently and we filled it out as required. Circumstances haven't changed since original application. 2 kids in school and myself not working. I haven't worked since the kids were small and welfare have this information. So we get a letter to declare my income, bank accounts and any assets /land I have (I wish) Just wondering why would they query this when the form clearly stated I wasn't working and how do I prove it? Do I need confirmation from revenue or what? Thanks for any help or advice!

If you have no income, just state that. No need for additional information from elsewhere.
If you have a bank account (joint or personal), send them whatever they've asked for - statements or bank details.

All SW payments are subject to a review from time to time. It doesn't mean anything is amiss with your husband's claim.

If you have no income, just state that. No need for additional information from elsewhere.
If you have a bank account (joint or personal), send them whatever they've asked for - statements or bank details.

All SW payments are subject to a review from time to time. It doesn't mean anything is amiss with your husband's claim.
Thanks for reply. Ye I've had no income for years bar children's allowance, letter said it was to assess my income for adult dependant. I just thought it was strange they looked for it when original form and the review form had it on it. As you said maybe it's just part of the review so. Thks again

Don't overthink this. It was probably issued by computer to thousands of randomly selected Social Welfare recipients.

Just fill in the form (honestly!) and send it, plus any requested documentation, back to them as soon as you can and then get on with your life!

Don't overthink this. It was probably issued by computer to thousands of randomly selected Social Welfare recipients.

Just fill in the form (honestly!) and send it, plus any requested documentation, back to them as soon as you can and then get on with your life!
Thanks, will do, you'd just wonder when they have prsi numbers, forms filled out and all boxes ticked that they do this. Will do as advised anyway and thks again

Thanks, will do, you'd just wonder when they have prsi numbers, forms filled out and all boxes ticked that they do this. Will do as advised anyway and thks again

The reason is probably because some years ago they were criticised by the C&AG's Office for not carrying out enough reviews/checks on the recipients of SW allowances.

Bear in mind that although you know that your circumstances haven't changed, that doesn't mean that they do!

Thanks, ye it's just the review form came in September so filled it out and supplied all my information. That's why I found it strange to receive the form asking for details of earnings and/or property within a few weeks of returning the review form. I've ordered bank statement anyway so will show I don't have an income. Bar child benefit I haven't claimed a penny welfare ever!

Back