Problems with KBC - Deposit account.

Thanks DMcL1971. I am waiting for KBC to come back to me on this. They said it would take 5 days. We shall see.

Actually I just got confirmation of a fixed term rollover with them this morning for an account closed over a year ago. To my shame I did not remember myself that I had switched the money when it matured to Rabo, anyway few weeks ago I got the instructions on maturity letter so I filled it in and sent it off. Heard nothing so gave them a ring earlier this week, after being kept on hold for at least 10 mins the customer adviser came back and told me that account was closed the previous year on maturity and funds sent to Rabo. Apparently instruction letter was an error so wasn't obviously going to be acted on (why someone wouldn't think to ring me and explain that when they got it I don't know).

I just thought it was funny on the day as I hadn't remembered myself that I had switched it but lo and behold today arrives me new deposit details for another year maturing in 2017 etc etc but of course nil balance.

A tad inefficient, wouldn't inspire me to invest again with them.

Monbretia. That's almost unbelievable. So they have rolled over a closed account not once but twice, even though you spoke to them about it and they confirmed that it was closed. This would be laughable if it weren't serious.
If something had happened to you, your executor would be tearing his hair out at this stage.

Yes, exactly, rolling over an account that doesn't exist any longer. Well it obviously does as they must not have deleted it off their system, might ring them again tomorrow to ensure I am deleted as I don't think I'll be going with them again.

It sounds to me like it is the letter sending program that is messed up. It seems that all the accounts that have been mentioned are actually working correctly but KBC are sending incorrect letters. This has at least being going on since the start of the year when they failed to send the annual statements. It took 4 months before they sent most of them. Also they still send all their statements separately to the same address, I often get 2 or 3 statements for different accounts arriving in separate envelopes on the same day. What a waste of paper, envelopes, time and money. Particularly when you can already download them.

I see that posts to their Facebook page about this are being deleted very quickly. I wonder if this is the tip of some iceberg?

Even though I close an account and get a confirmation of this, I also get a letter showing that it has been "rolled over". So I get a letter showing a new term, interest rate etc. even though this account does not exist.
I wonder how these non existent accounts are being treated in their balance sheet?

Thanks DMcL1971. I am waiting for KBC to come back to me on this. They said it would take 5 days. We shall see.
Update. Well they wrote to me after 5 days and said that they were investigating my complaint and this might take another 20 days. The 20 days are up this week. It seems that they will take the full 20 days, it would have been nice if they made a bit of an effort and got back to me earlier.

This is getting weirder. Following on from my opening post I have now received from KBC deposits section, a Certificate of Interest for my account stating that I received "nil" interest for the year 2015. I had an 18 month fixed term account maturing in early 2016.
Were they technically right is sending this out to me?

I don't know but they may be obliged to send an annual certificate of interest even when none has been paid.

Yesterday I received a new 2015 annual statement for one of my accounts. This was sent because the previous statement had displayed the wrong interest rate on it although the interest applied was correct. It certainly seems that their process for sending letters is an a mess but at least the actual accounts are correct.

This is getting weirder. Following on from my opening post I have now received from KBC deposits section, a Certificate of Interest for my account stating that I received "nil" interest for the year 2015. I had an 18 month fixed term account maturing in early 2016.
Were they technically right is sending this out to me?

And the postwoman has just delivered a letter through my door. I have now also got a certificate of interest for an account which returned no interest in 2015.

Back