Problem find out pension options from previous employer

Fideroiste

Hi guys,
My contract expired with my previous public sector employer (admin. in education area). I have requested that they provide me with what options I have with the sum of money that I accumulated in my pension while working with them. I hadn't heard anything from them until about three months after I sent them my initial correspondence. There reply mentioned that they were busy dealing with alot of people retiring thus the delay. They asked if my query was "urgent" & I replied saying that it was. I have been waiting about three months so far since I sent my reply stating my query was "urgent". Their website page relating to pension & people leaving is as good as blank stating "Information on this page will be updated shortly", the website has been that way for at least the last 6 mths
What options do I have in getting them to give me a speedy reply? Might the pensions ombudsman be of any use to me?

Thanks,
F.

I think it depends on how long you were paying into the scheme. If it was more than 2 years then you cannot get any money back and it is left there until you reach retirement age. I am not even sure if the 2 year rule applies, you may not be able to get it back at all.

Start by copying your query to the CEO or Head of Corporate Services, pointing out the long delay.

Hi guys,
My contract expired with my previous public sector employer (admin. in education area). I have requested that they provide me with what options I have with the sum of money that I accumulated in my pension while working with them. I hadn't heard anything from them until about three months after I sent them my initial correspondence. There reply mentioned that they were busy dealing with alot of people retiring thus the delay. They asked if my query was "urgent" & I replied saying that it was. I have been waiting about three months so far since I sent my reply stating my query was "urgent". Their website page relating to pension & people leaving is as good as blank stating "Information on this page will be updated shortly", the website has been that way for at least the last 6 mths
What options do I have in getting them to give me a speedy reply? Might the pensions ombudsman be of any use to me?

Thanks,
F.

How long were you working in this PS job?

Back