Prescription meds online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia2457

My sister had just ordered meds she's been on for over 10 years (and will be for forseeable future) online without prescription.

Is this legal in Ireland? The pharmacy is based is USA and was recommended to her. I just wondered if she had broken the law and could get in trouble if they're traced to her. She got them much cheaper and hopefully they'll be the real thing.

Hope you can help, I'm a bit worried on both counts.

Hi Sophia,

You asked this question a few months ago here.

Please familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines here on AAM.

aj

I'm constantly reading about online pharmacies and how cheap they are but no one I ask can answer the question - is it legal to buy prescription meds in this way?

I'm talking about meds like sleeping XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. My friend is on them long-term with chronic insomnia (has tried umpteen other types of treatment in conjuction with her doctor) and has a repeat prescription for them, among other meds for other conditions. The total cost per month comes in just under the DPS allowance of €78 per month, so it's a big drain every month on her finances.

She's afraid to buy online in case the Gardai arrive at her door waving a warrant, particulary as she'd be buying XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX that would have street value, I suppose.

If it's ok to buy this way, do you send your prescription with the order and can anyone recommend a secure, above-board site to use?

Thanks a mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back