Pre paid Mastercard

Hey,

I made a picture of my passport and bank statement. Just place a white paper page under your driving license or other documents and do make it....Try to get the original size of the documents and make sure light/flash isnt reflecting....Try to make in daylight in front of a window or place it in the window, natural day-light... Make a couple of pictures and then select the best one....

It isnt always possible to get a scan of the documents...Its a kind of same (making picture)....I got this idea from a online-service......I had ordered wireless (dongle) internet and the company provider came to my house to deliver the dongle and sign the contract and he made pictures of my documents...Like Passport and any document confirming my address (this happened in the Netherlands).....

Thanks for that mystry4all.

Took your advice regarding the piccy of passport, great results,very clear.

I have submitted this to Neteller, hopefully this will get me past this particular hurdle ;)

Thanks again :)

now apply for the card online and then they will send it out...first you will get the 4didgit pinand then the card...Validate the card online att their website...

now apply for the card online and then they will send it out...first you will get the 4didgit pinand then the card...Validate the card online att their website...

I have already done that for the Virtual Neteller+ Card, downloaded the application, and now I can generate a new card to shop online, whenever I want.

I had previously transferred money from my Halifax Current Account to Neteller at no cost, in about two days, so now these funds are available on the Virtual Net+ Card.

Apart from using the plastic card in shops, etc, is there any advantage over the Virtual Card?

I really only got this to try to keep ahead of Ryanairs Credit/Debit Card charges.

Regards,

IP

Applied on line for a PAYZONE/BankInvik and after a few security questions + €7.5 visa charge they sent out the card a few days later. Then you validate it online, put in some dosh and away you go.

Hi all,

I was about to get the "Real" (not virtual) version of the PrePaid Mastercard from Neteller, because the Virtual one doesn't work for sure !!!
Ryanair detects this card as a "credit card", and not a prepaid mastercard (source : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...98419&highlight=neteller+ryanair#post27798419 )

Here is a link to see a user complaining that it doesn't work :
(see George's comment at the bottom)

A quote from the same link shows that it could be that Neteller prepaid mastercard will work, but only by January 31st :
If you’re not a NETELLER member yet, simply sign up for a NETELLER account, get a Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card and use it to book a flight on Ryanair by January 31, 2010 and you will be eligible to win 50 EUR!*
Finally, I would like to add some comments about Neteller's fees:

- Cancel the card and close the account
£10 fee

- Withdrawing the rest of your money at the end
1. Bank Transfer for €7.5
2 ATM withdrawal for £3

- Dormancy fee if the card is not used after 14months
$30

- You have to accept these conditions :
2. If NETELLER (UK) Limited becomes insolvent the funds stored on your NETELLER account may become valueless and unusable; and

3. Consequently, if NETELLER (UK) Limited becomes insolvent you may lose the funds stored on your account.
It can seem unlikely to happen, but it did actually. Following the link below you can see that Neteller users accounts have been frozen during a long period because of a FBI investigation case on Neteller.

So ???
Still up to sign-up for a Neteller account ?

Regards,
David

I am afraid that I too am now a little hesitant regarding Neteller, for two reasons.

1) The info given above by daluis.

2) The fact that I posted a query to the Blog mentioned by daluis, which was promptly removed by the Blog Admin, or whoever.

Luckily, I kept a copy of the remarks I posted to this Blog.

Here is what I posted, which as you can see is hardly contentious:

I have taken out one of the Net+ Virtual Prepaid Cards, hoping to be able to purchase Ryan Air flights without paying a CC fee/admin charge.

Can you actually confirm if Ryan Air are treating these cards as MC prepaid, as you have claimed above, and is claimed in the Ryan Air Article quoted in your article.

I ask this because there seems to be some doubt, from on-line discussions, links below:

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showpost.php?p=978300&postcount=50

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...98419&highlight=neteller+ryanair#post27798419

I will have no use whatsoever, in current circumstances for the Net+ Virtual Card, unless I can use it to purchase RA flights.

I hope you can clarify the position for new customers like me, who have taken the trouble of opening Neteller accounts, and sending ID Docs, etc.

So, instead of answering my questions, they censored the Blog comments :mad:

Not a good start, and a pretty short relationship :(

has reappeared!! Awaiting Moderation!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehehe :)
Let's see if the moderator will accept your comment.
Thanks for asking them !!!

Hi all,

I was about to get the "Real" (not virtual) version of the PrePaid Mastercard from Neteller, because the Virtual one doesn't work for sure !!!

It does work – I have used it as recently as Friday on two separate sites tesco.ie & madflowers.com specifically to make sure that everything was working ok, which it was.

Ryanair detects this card as a "credit card", and not a prepaid mastercard (source : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...98419&highlight=neteller+ryanair#post27798419 )
Ryanair detects the virtual card as that, but not the Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card which is detected as a prepaid Mastercard on the Ryanair site, as has been pointed out by posters in the forum that you have linked to. Intending passengers merely choose Prepaid MasterCard option from the dropdown menu during the booking process.

I have just done a test booking on the Ryanair site for a one-way flight from Dublin to Aberdeen on Jan 21st costing €5.00. I entered my virtual card details & the payment was declined & the reason given was that my card number was incorrect (this would imply that the site does not recognise it as a prepaid MasterCard, which is what I had expected). Then I entered my Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card number. I don’t have €5.00 balance in my Neteller account. The payment was declined also, but this time the reason stated was ‘insufficient funds’. I then checked my Neteller account & my transaction history show the transaction as declined on my account. The important thing here is that the declined transaction amount is €5.00, so therefore Ryanair were NOT charging me any booking fee. If they were, the declined transaction amount would have shown up as €10.00.

Here is a link to see a user complaining that it doesn't work :
(see George's comment at the bottom)
Again, if you read the post you will see that the poster is referring to a Virtual Card – not a Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card.

A quote from the same link shows that it could be that Neteller prepaid mastercard will work, but only by January 31st :
If you’re not a NETELLER member yet, simply sign up for a NETELLER account, get a Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card and use it to book a flight on Ryanair by January 31, 2010 and you will be eligible to win 50 EUR!*
This is not correct, if you read what you have quoted carefully you will see that what is stated is that if you use the Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card before January 31st 2010 to book a Ryanair flight you will enter a draw to win €50. No-where does it state anything regarding a date when anything will or will not work.

The only mention of dates I have seen is on the Ryanair site itself http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/gen-en-301109
Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline, today (30th Nov 09) announced that it will accept the MasterCard Prepaid card as its free form of payment from 1st December and its Visa Electron promotion will end one month later on 31st December. From 1st January the Visa Electron payment card will attract a €5 administration charge while MasterCard Prepaid will become the sole free from of payment on www.ryanair.com.

Finally, I would like to add some comments about Neteller's fees:

- Cancel the card and close the account
£10 fee

- Withdrawing the rest of your money at the end
1. Bank Transfer for €7.5
2 ATM withdrawal for £3

- Dormancy fee if the card is not used after 14months
$30
Yes, these terms are displayed on the website, & have already been pointed out on this thread. If, in the unlikely event that I do not use my account in any 14 month period I would simply get around this by using it. With my own current account I must pay a bill by internet or telephone banking plus use my debit card at least once every 3 months to avoid transaction fees, so I, along with hundreds of thousands of others in this country are well used to this concept.

- You have to accept these conditions :
It can seem unlikely to happen, but it did actually. Following the link below you can see that Neteller users accounts have been frozen during a long period because of a FBI investigation case on Neteller.

Yes, I had already read reports on this before I signed up as I always do on-line research before I sign up for anything. This problem goes back to 2007 when the FBI were investigating all sorts of on-line gambling scams, & it is clear that the FBI were being very clever in all their wheeling & dealing. If there was such a big problem with Neteller, I assume that the FBI would not be dragging their heals almost three years later & just shut the site down, instead of making on-line gambling a criminal offence in the USA, which is what they did actually do, which was why they were investigating to begin with. You will find that Neteller were not the only site that they were having a look at. They were looking at bank & credit card companies throughout the USA.

Do a search for Google Paypal freezing people’s accounts – it happens because of abuse, & once the matter is sorted access is restored, & I wouldn’t be overly concerned about something that happened during an FBI gambling investigation at a time when the USA were in the midst of outlawing on-line gambling altogether, which they now have done.

Ulster Bank in Ireland have recently introduced visa Debit Cards – many people are experiencing problems with their cards not being recognized by various retailers – this sort of thing happens, but the problem is at the retailer’s end, not the merchant’s end.

So ???
Still up to sign-up for a Neteller account ?

Yes – as I was never under any illusion regarding the fact that there is a difference between a Net+ virtual prepaid card & a Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card, & I was well aware that I needed to use a Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card in order to avoid Ryanair fees.

I am not an online gambler, so I would mainly only be using the card for small transactions e.g. cheap Ryanair flights, so I would only be preloading my account if & when I wanted to book one, so if my funds were frozen due to an FBI sting like back in 2007 I would only be at a temporary loss of an amount equal to what I would have lost to Ryanair fees anyway by using another card.

Hi,

I had no doubt that the virtual worked nicely with some websites, but I was just talking about Ryanair : The VIRTUAL card doesn't work at all at the moment. So, let's stop talking about the VIRTUAL one for now.

Then, concerning the REAL card "Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card", I don't know what to think about. I don't have one yet, so I can't tell. I trust you Papercut when you say it seems to work out perfectly with Ryanair, but reading the official position from Neteller () it seems it's not always the case, is it ?

A recent Guardian article reviewed many MasterCard prepaid cards. Pity they didn’t get to the Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card: it handily meets or beats them all. And many of our members have already successfully booked flights with Ryanair.
-> What happened to the others? Does it mean that it doesn't work for some people ?

Have you used your Net+ Prepaid MasterCard to book with Ryanair? Tell us how it was for you.
-> I think they have no clue if it works or not.

Then, I'm not so sure about George's comment, if he was refering only to the VIRTUAL card. As you can read :
I have booked 4 flights with Ryanair already and had to pay the 5 pound fee each way for using MasterCard although Ryanair claims that they don’t charge for Prepaid MC, they actually do for Net+. I also tried my virtual MC but still Ryanair website didn’t perceive it as a prepaid card.
-> So I guess he first tried with the REAL card, and then with the VIRTUAL one. But you are right, it's better to only consider clear feedback from users that have used the REAL card for sure.

For the date of January 31st, it was just a guess, I could be wrong.
it could be that Neteller prepaid mastercard will work, but only by January 31st
Finally, I like your approach, Papercut, I even think that I will give it a go, so that I will be able to give my own feedback by really booking a Ryanair flight, as even you, you can't tell for sure if it works or not, as you have only done a kind of a "test", but not until the end of the process.

Regards,

Daluis

Thanks Papercut for your very comprehensive reply.

However, I believe that it does not essentially answer the only question which I have posed, which is:

Why is RyanAir apparently making a distinction between bookings made with Prepaid Master Cards, when they have announced that this method will be the only fee-free method available from here on?

Neteller market both the Net+ Chip and Pin Prepaid and the Net+ Virtual Prepaid as being virtually identical [excuse the pun ;) ], see here:

Can you get a virtual counterpart? Does your issuer think to provide you specifically with a card that you can use for buying stuff online. Very few companies offer this because it’s new technology, but it’s definitely the safest way to buy online because virtual cards let you generate one-time use numbers that can never be used again. That means you’ll never lose your card number to a nefarious individual.

Ryanair detects the virtual card as that, but not the Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card which is detected as a prepaid Mastercard on the Ryanair site, as has been pointed out by posters in the forum that you have linked to. Intending passengers merely choose Prepaid MasterCard option from the dropdown menu during the booking process.

But the Virtual Net+ Card is a prepaid Master Card, is it not?

I know it is, as to get my Card, I had to go through all the hoops, which were not, in fairness, in any way over the top. Then I transferred money to my Neteller account, which is now available to spend on my Neteller Prepaid Virtual Net+ Master Card. In other words, I prepaid funds to my account with Neteller.

In fact, Neteller trumpet the added safety, security and other features of the Virtual Net+ in this Blog article .

Just looking at your quote below, RyanAir's announcement only mentions MasterCard Prepaid. This quote from RyanAir is used by Neteller to advertise their products, i.e. Chip and Pin Net+ Prepaid and Virtual Net+ Prepaid Master Cards. RyanAir's article makes no distinction as to which version is acceptable or necessary.

The only mention of dates I have seen is on the Ryanair site itself http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/gen-en-301109
Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline, today (30th Nov 09) announced that it will accept the MasterCard Prepaid card as its free form of payment from 1st December and its Visa Electron promotion will end one month later on 31st December. From 1st January the Visa Electron payment card will attract a €5 administration charge while MasterCard Prepaid will become the sole free from of payment on www.ryanair.com.

Yes – as I was never under any illusion regarding the fact that there is a difference between a Net+ virtual prepaid card & a Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card, & I was well aware that I needed to use a Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card in order to avoid Ryanair fees.

How did you form the opinion that there is a difference between both versions of Net+ Prepaid Master Cards?

And how were you "well aware" that you needed to use Chip and Pin Net+ Prepaid to avoid RyanAir fees?

Why do you use the term "I was never any illusion"?

Finally, just to say, I only make the above points because I have already got the Virtual Net+ Prepaid Master Card, and was under the impression that I could use it to purchase flights from RyanAir without payment of CC fees/admin charges.

This impression was formed by my reading of both Neteller and RyanAir's promotion of Prepaid Net+ Master Cards.

Either the Net+ Prepaid Master Card is a proper prepaid Master Card or it is not, in which case we have been mislead by both RyanAir and Neteller.

I do not require another Plastic Chip and Pin Card.

;)I think some kind of a partnership is going between Ryanair and Neteller, because Net+ is offering a draw for a chance to win EUR 50 if you book a Ryanair flight using your Net+ PrePaid MC.

Thanks Papercut for your very comprehensive reply.

However, I believe that it does not essentially answer the only question which I have posed...
Hi irishpancake!
First of all I have no connection with either Ryanair or Neteller apart from the fact that I am a customer of both companies.

Secondly, my last post was specifically in direct reply to daluis’s post, so I was not in any way attempting to answer your question. With regard to me opening my account, I just, after considering any information I could find on-line, did whatever I felt that I needed to do in order to avoid paying Ryanair booking fees, as I get satisfaction out of playing them at their own cat & mouse game, so if it means getting a plastic card that I will realistically never pay any more charges on than I would on Ryanair booking fees, well that's what I do.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, so I always assume that there is some sort of catch somewhere along the way - in this case the catch is you have to get a physical plastic card. I will avoid paying any inactive fees on it by using it once every 14 months if it comes to it. It is a business after all & considering that by getting a Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid MasterCard I wouldn't realistically expect them to facilitate me or anyone else by making it possible to avoid Ryanair booking fees purely out of the goodness of their heart, so I do feel that agreeing to & abiding by their T&C's is a small price (the only price if used properly) to pay!

Why is RyanAir apparently making a distinction between bookings made with Prepaid Master Cards, when they have announced that this method will be the only fee-free method available from here on?
I don’t know – I can only assume that it is something to do with the card type itself (virtual versus plastic), or that it has something to do with the way their system is set up to recognise the cards. Ryanair would probably be the only ones who could answer that question properly.

Neteller market both the Net+ Chip and Pin Prepaid and the Net+ Virtual Prepaid as being virtually identical [excuse the pun ;) ], see here:
Can you get a virtual counterpart? Does your issuer think to provide you specifically with a card that you can use for buying stuff online. Very few companies offer this because it’s new technology, but it’s definitely the safest way to buy online because virtual cards let you generate one-time use numbers that can never be used again. That means you’ll never lose your card number to a nefarious individual.
Papercut said:

But the Virtual Net+ Card is a prepaid Master Card, is it not?
Yes, I would say that it is

I know it is, as to get my Card, I had to go through all the hoops, which were not, in fairness, in any way over the top. Then I transferred money to my Neteller account, which is now available to spend on my Neteller Prepaid Virtual Net+ Master Card. In other words, I prepaid funds to my account with Neteller.
I agree

In fact, Neteller trumpet the added safety, security and other features of the Virtual Net+ in this Blog article .

Just looking at your quote below, RyanAir's announcement only mentions MasterCard Prepaid. This quote from RyanAir is used by Neteller to advertise their products, i.e. Chip and Pin Net+ Prepaid and Virtual Net+ Prepaid Master Cards. RyanAir's article makes no distinction as to which version is acceptable or necessary.
Papercut said:
‘Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline, today (30th Nov 09) announced that it will accept the MasterCard Prepaid card as its free form of payment from 1st December and its Visa Electron promotion will end one month later on 31st December. From 1st January the Visa Electron payment card will attract a €5 administration charge while MasterCard Prepaid will become the sole free from of payment on www.ryanair.com.’
Papercut said:
Ryanair doesn’t make any distinction between the two, but their statement does not refer specifically to Neteller cards, just prepaid MasterCards in general. I wouldn’t expect them to refer to every company that issue them individually, but I agree that their statement is misleading

How did you form the opinion that there is a difference between both versions of Net+ Prepaid Master Cards?
I formed this opinion firstly because of the way the cards were described – I suppose my first clue was that the distinction was made on the Neteller site (Virtual Net+ Prepaid MasterCard versus Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid MasterCard) & then of course I guessed that a virtual card would not be an actual physical card & therefore would not have chip & pin technology. The word ‘virtual’ & the phrase ‘Chip & PIN’ as I understood them at the time to mean was the main reason for my opinion.

And how were you "well aware" that you needed to use Chip and Pin Net+ Prepaid to avoid RyanAir fees?
By reading the following on
Using the Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card has always been a great way to book flights both domestically and abroad, and according to a news article published on the Ryanair site, there is another great reason to book with Net+. Starting 1 January, the only way to buy a Ryanair flight without incurring transaction fees will be by using a MasterCard prepaid card.

And
A recent Guardian article reviewed many MasterCard prepaid cards. Pity they didn’t get to the Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card: it handily meets or beats them all. And many of our members have already successfully booked flights with Ryanair.

And

Why do you use the term "I was never any illusion"?
I used this term firstly because it was the first one that sprung to mind as the best way to express the point that I was trying to get across. I could have used other terms, but the fact is I didn’t. The point I was attempting to make when I used that term was that if I had thought that there was no difference between a Net+ virtual prepaid card & a Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card that I would have been under an illusion, as there is a difference.

Finally, just to say, I only make the above points because I have already got the Virtual Net+ Prepaid Master Card, and was under the impression that I could use it to purchase flights from RyanAir without payment of CC fees/admin charges.

This impression was formed by my reading of both Neteller and RyanAir's promotion of Prepaid Net+ Master Cards.

Either the Net+ Prepaid Master Card is a proper prepaid Master Card or it is not, in which case we have been mislead by both RyanAir and Neteller.
Certainly, Ryanair seem to have misled people, but I suppose that wouldn’t be a first for them. But, I suppose at the end of the day it is up to them (or any merchant) as to what cards they accept, or what type/version of card that they consider a prepaid MasterCard. For all we know there could be a glitch on their system...maybe not...all I know is that the Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card is recognised by Ryanair as a prepaid MasterCard, & by using it you definitely avoid paying their booking fees.

I do not require another Plastic Chip and Pin Card.
In that case it's probably best not to apply for one! I’d just like to point out that I did not advise you to open a Neteller account – you had already opened one before I replied to your first post http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showpost.php?p=976540&postcount=37 , & all I did after that was to advise you on the best way to submit your identification documents, as one of them had been rejected http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showpost.php?p=976819&postcount=39

;)I think some kind of a partnership is going between Ryanair and Neteller, because Net+ is offering a draw for a chance to win EUR 50 if you book a Ryanair flight using your Net+ PrePaid MC.

Yes indeed, seems so.

But, they also seem to be making a distinction between the two versions of the Net+ Prepaid Master Card, with Chip+pin being preferred over the Virtual version.

Not a NETELLER member yet? Book with Net+ for a chance to win 50 EUR

So, typical RyanAir sneaky stuff here, despite their marketing of Prepaid Master Cards as the only method to avoid fees.

Yet, they are apparently only allow the Chip+Pin Prepaid.

BTW Neteller have censored my comments on this issue from their again.

But you can read my comments, which were reasonable, in this AAM post.

Back