PP needed to change garage door

financially

Hi,
my garage door is a large solid wood door, big enough to drive a car though with a part of it a normal front door. Does that explain it correctly I wonder...
Anyway I'd like to take that out and replace it with an aluminium front foor and window beside it. Would I need PP for this change?

Thanks

It depends on whether it is considered exempted development or not.

If your building is a protected structure, or in an architectural conservation area, then, yes, possibly you would.

Normally people rely on section 4 1 h of the planning and development act 2000 to carry out such works and not require permission.

My best advice is that you should try to be certain and talk to the planning officer for your area.

Even if you do need permission, sure what harm?

There are plenty of archtiects looking for work at the moment who will provide this service for a reasonable fee.

HTH

HTH

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

Back