Possible subsidence/settlement issue - insurance implications?

Chef

Hi,

I have recently gone sale agreed on a house - detached dormer-type

Recent engineer's inspection found a number of potential issues with the property, the most serious of which being cracking on external walls, the cause if which he beliefs may be a problem with the foundations

If further investigations are done and it is determined that remedial works are required to be done to the foundations, will there be a problem for me getting house insurance if I decide to buy the house - assuming that the remedial works are carried out correctly

Thanks

Could vendor claim under his/her house insurance? If it was fixed, you could happily buy. If they can't, then you will have great difficulty getting insurance as you will have to disclose the subsidence.

Hi,

I have recently gone sale agreed on a house - detached dormer-type

Recent engineer's inspection found a number of potential issues with the property, the most serious of which being cracking on external walls, the cause if which he beliefs may be a problem with the foundations

If further investigations are done and it is determined that remedial works are required to be done to the foundations, will there be a problem for me getting house insurance if I decide to buy the house - assuming that the remedial works are carried out correctly

Thanks[/QUOTE
When subsidence is mentioned,in my experience everyone heads off in different directions!..especially insurance companies,maybe Chef you should join them,there are many other houses around that wont have these problems.

Pat

Back