Phonewatch v Homesecure v Action24

Hello,

I've posted previously that I think a dog is a better option, to discourage burglars, and protect against burglars, if they try to enter. I stand by that.

With regards to alarms that aren't monitored, I don't know how many hundreds of house alarms I've heard go off, over the years, and get no reaction. With a monitored system, the benefit is the assurance of a follow up action.

Get a decent monitored Hkc or Siemens system, it’ll cost a fraction in on going costs.

Hello,

Can you please elaborate a little, I'm not up to speed on the various systems?

Are these two makes an option, from some of the established monitored services?

Are they more expensive, on Day 1?

Do they give more flexibility, if you want to move to a different monitored service provider, in the future?

Do they work off land-line, mobile phone, or broadband technology etc.?

Many thanks,

Hello,

I've posted previously that I think a dog is a better option, to discourage burglars, and protect against burglars, if they try to enter. I stand by that.

With regards to alarms that aren't monitored, I don't know how many hundreds of house alarms I've heard go off, over the years, and get no reaction. With a monitored system, the benefit is the assurance of a follow up action.
Yes I have to agree that a dog is a better deterrent.
Before Christmas a ‘Security Expert’ on the radio was giving advice on home alarms. He recommended that there should be no lead time when turning off an alarm. That a lag of 60 seconds was enough for a burglar to break in.

If a burglar has to choose between a house with an alarm and a house next door without an alarm, which one do you think they will pick?

If both have an alarm, well it's 50/50
Probably 80/20 in favour of the house without a big black dog.

Hello,

Can you please elaborate a little, I'm not up to speed on the various systems?

Do they give more flexibility, if you want to move to a different monitored service provider, in the future?

Do they work off land-line, mobile phone, or broadband technology etc.?

Many thanks,
Probably best speak to a professional, I don’t think I can post links to vendors here but google Hkc monitored alarm. It has its own sim for monitoring and it’s a qualified response centre etc .

Looks like prices are up a bit
  • Hkc Quantum Wireless control panel with wifi and siren €350 .
  • Wireless shock/contact for windows and doors €75.
  • Wireless motion sensor €75.
  • Wireless external siren €120.
  • Self Monitoring with app €120 per annum.
  • Monitoring for Garda response €240 per annum.
  • All prices are supply and fit and include VAT.

They're probably the two best selling systems in Ireland. Both support internet and GSM monitoring and can be monitored by all monitoring services bar PhoneWatch. That ability to shop around for service keeps prices lower.

They will be more expensive than the baseline PhoneWatch system, but it's important to note that the baseline PhoneWatch system is quite minimal and many people falling for the sales pitch don't realise just how little of the house is covered.

Back