permanent tsb valuers undervaluing houses when establishing LTV

Ger Fleming

All the pre election promises are now h8story and nothing has changed really. Why am I not surprised. I also believe that the valuation I had through a ptsb chosen auctioneer was at least 20% lower than the value of my house. I am sick of the carry on in th8s country.

Ger,

I believe you. The PTSB Estate Agent said the bank wouldn't accept anything higher, they undervalued my house by 20%. This spurned me on to switch to EBS who gave the correct valuation and a rate 1% lower.

I had the same issue with my PTSB valuation. the Agent valued my house at 170,000 despite my protests, then a few weeks later a house 2 doors away sold for 265.000. I was lucky that I was still in the less than 50% of LTV but I imagine that others would have had their houses under valued

Yes, they valued mine at 185k to get me on the highest LTV. A couple of months later another Estate Agent values it correctly at 250k

TSB valued mine at 120k but the estate agent valued it at 140k which is nearer the amount left on the loan.

I was going to switch but now cant until in positive equity in 5 or 6 years.

Back