Permanent TSB not returning deeds

newirishman

Our mortgage was previously with Ulsterbank and moved to Permanent TSB in November last year.
We paid off the Mortgage in full at the end of March (a few years ahead of schedule), and ever since I am trying to get the deeds as well as the discharge of the property.

PTSB has in general been atrocious in their communication - from not being able to send a letter w the redemption figure, to sending wrong information, to not being able to provide any dates.
I sent another letter early May requesting the deeds to be returned by June 9 at the latest, which they clearly ignored. after about half a dozen phone calls and 3 letters overall with zero useful response I am running out of ideas what to do next. I have already notified them that I will start charging them if I have to contact them again.

so what would be a next course of action? Formal complaint, including an invoice for my expenses and time spent?
Appreciate any ideas.

As recommended by DannyBoyD I sent them a letter on Jun 21st.

Funnily enough, today I received a letter from PTSB - also dated June 21 - “confirming that this account is now pending closure”, and that “a closing statement will be issued approximately 60 days after your account is closed”.
The letter states they will write separately reg return of securities.

So still no confirmation when they will actually do anything useful. No date, no concrete timeline.

Well, I am looking forward to see if they respond to my letter.

The mortgage was fully repaid on March 24, so 90+ days ago.
Maybe I am expecting too much but that‘s just incompetence, in my opinion.

I have no idea how they run the rest of their business (never wanted to have anything to do with them) but I can only strongly recommend to anyone to not use Permanent TSB If this is anything to go by.

Back