Pensioners missed out

Someone else can insert my usual comments about greedy selfish entitled old people.

• Haha
Reactions: Leo
Someone else can insert my usual comments about greedy selfish entitled old people.d
Ah! Good ol' Purplemeister, Ace-of-Dubs and begruger of the aged and members of trades unions. For a man who devours The New Statesman like our daughters read The Bunty, he can't see the day when he'll donn the slippers early and take an afternoon nap. It comes to us all dear man, but it's how you react to aging that counts.

. . . . and Roker, I forgot to say when you are retired every day is like a bank holiday. Looking forward to some weeks in Italy (Lake Como) in April and south of Spain for eight weeks in summer and more mid autumn. Must start planning for 2023!!!!! but that is too much of an effort today as I enjoy my breakfast in the garden in sunny Cork.

[Note to self:- Don't forget to pack the Barrys Tea this time].

Last edited:
but that is too much of an effort today as I enjoy my breakfast in the garden in sunny Cork.
Good morning Lep, and it is such a lovely morning in God's country alright. Had myself a lovely walk along the Lee Fields before work this morning. It was magical, with the sun piercing through the trees on to the swans gliding upstream. People walking, walking their dogs, running, cycling and a regular rower.

Alas, I have a job to do, but will pop out into the garden for the odd cuppa ;)

Good morning Lep, and it is such a lovely morning in God's country alright. Had myself a lovely walk along the Lee Fields before work this morning. It was magical, with the sun piercing through the trees on to the swans gliding upstream. People walking, walking their dogs, running, cycling and a regular rower.

Alas, I have a job to do, but will pop out into the garden for the odd cuppa ;)
Sssssshhhhhh! Don't tell Purple or he'll have you volunteering to clean the Liffey of supermarket trollies. Now for another mug of Barrys tea . . .

Ah! Good ol' Purplemeister, Ace-of-Dubs and begruger of the aged and members of trades unions. For a man who devours The New Statesman like our daughters read The Bunty, he can't see the day when he'll donn the slippers early and take an afternoon nap. It comes to us all dear man, but it's how you react to aging that counts.

. . . . and Roker, I forgot to say when you are retired every day is like a bank holiday. Looking forward to some weeks in Italy (Lake Como) in April and south of Spain for eight weeks in summer and more mid autumn. Must start planning for 2023!!!!! but that is too much of an effort today as I enjoy my breakfast in the garden in sunny Cork.

You know you're old when you cannot book holidays because of hospital appointments

Ah! Good ol' Purplemeister, Ace-of-Dubs and begruger of the aged and members of trades unions. For a man who devours The New Statesman like our daughters read The Bunty, he can't see the day when he'll donn the slippers early and take an afternoon nap.
I'll probably work reduced hours until I'm unable to as I enjoy working so you have me there.
It comes to us all dear man, but it's how you react to aging that counts.
With gratitude, for all the young people I'll be living off. I'll be sure to thank them for paying my pension and funding my healthcare.
I'll appreciate my privileged position.
A rare thing indeed.
You're right too, you don't want to get a taste for the good stuff and then have to go back to that Barry's muck. ;)

Had myself a lovely walk along the Lee Fields before work this morning. It was magical, with the sun piercing through the trees on to the swans gliding upstream. People walking, walking their dogs, running, cycling and a regular rower.
I'll be taking my usual lunchtime walk in the Botanical Gardens in Glasnevin today. Plenty of squirrels but no rowers. Running in such a refined place is, of course, frowned upon.

Where did you get that f
I didn't know there were concerts held there
Hey Purple! Didn't you know if you want to know anything about Dublin, just ask somebody who is not from Dublin; they know more about Baile Átha Cliath than any Dub.

Hey Purple! Didn't you know if you want to know anything about Dublin, just ask somebody who is not from Dublin; they know more about Baile Átha Cliath than any Dub.
Yes, the bitter nosy culchie is a great source of information and considering most of them live here...

Of course we know, we just ain't telling you. The others already know too much.

They've done it again, in addition to the new bank holiday pensioners will never get, they've just announced 20%reduction on public transport, as pensioners have free transport we will not gain from the reductions either.

Last edited:
I'll be taking my usual lunchtime walk in the Botanical Gardens in Glasnevin today. Plenty of squirrels but no rowers. Running in such a refined place is, of course, frowned upon.
I'm still in full time employment under the wife, she always finds something to do

Last edited:
Back