PAYE Self Service On-line

Registered over a month ago with reachservices and finally received my pin today. Logged in and then proceeded to enter my pin only to be prompted 'ERROR INVALID PIN'.

Registered over a month ago with reachservices and finally received my pin today. Logged in and then proceeded to enter my pin only to be prompted 'ERROR INVALID PIN'. I knew a ROS Paye service was too good to be through...

Got my pin today and logged in no problem, however you're not missing much.When they say limited, they mean it.

If you've ever tried contacting Revenue for simple tasks such as updating your credits (think my initial total credits at the begining of the year came to just less than €1000, how that can't be spotted as a mistake in-house is beyond me) the online service is a huge benefit!

Saying that, have the pin sitting at home and yet to use/try it :eek:

I tried to register and got a msg that my PAYE no is not active (which it is). Rang the helpdesk and they told me that the revenue use two databases and asked if I was married (which I am). they said that they have me down as married on one database and relationship is greyed out on 2nd database so since they don't match they cannot issue pin for me and I should ring local office to have 2nd d/b changed. I rang and had to give lenghty explanation (they hadn't a clue what I was on about). In the end, it turn out they didn't have my correct address either. I moved house last year and wrote to inform them of both my husband's and my new address. They updated his record but not mine. I tried to register online again on 27/7 and got a msg to say I would be issued a pin but am still waiting. Not impressed so far........

Satanta said:
If you've ever tried contacting Revenue for simple tasks such as updating your credits (think my initial total credits at the begining of the year came to just less than €1000, how that can't be spotted as a mistake in-house is beyond me) the online service is a huge benefit!
Not when it allows you to make changes that are not valid! :(

All parties, including Revenue, now agree that hubby and I are married AND that we have been married 28 years. No more confusion then. Husband got new tax credits and received large rebate this month. Great!! Then I saw him scratching his head as he looked at payslip and said "wait a minute..that's not right". Oh God back to the drawing board.

I suppose allowances (no pun intended) should be made for implementing the new system. At least staff are courteous and helpful.

Revenue seem to be rolling out PINs by employers. We (state company) got a memo from the CEO during the week advising same.

ClubMan said:

:rolleyes: Had assumed that the online system would have the checks built in to prevent this sort of thing... obviously not. Why am I not surprised???

Given the nightmare they had in the first few months of the year sorting out the huge number of tax credit errors one would think that creating a robust system to cut down on errors would have been paramount... again, guess not. A real pity, if done correctly it could save huge amounts of time (and cost) if people could be assured of a good service and therefore had the confidence to use it.

Back