PAYE Self Service On-line

I received a second PIN in the post this morning and it works!

Doesn't look like I can claim medical expenses relief for the past 3-4 years. As far as I can see it only deals with 2005/2006 tax credits etc. at the moment.

I have my Revenue pin and have registered on the reachservices site but can't for the life of me find where I'm meant to input the revenue pin.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Click [broken link removed] to log into Reach (the same link is on the Revenue home page), enter your Reach username/password and then when you are logged in you should be prompted for your 3 digits of your Revenue PIN.

Go here & login with your reach details, you'll then be promped for your revenue pin
[broken link removed]

ClubMan said:
correcting mistakes in tax credits claimed (service charges relief, private health insurance relief on insurance paid as a BIK by employer, possibly some married tax issues etc.).

Has anyone else had their tax free allowance changed from married to single since new computer system came on line? How can you change basic tax credits on line or is this possible?

Rang revenue. Was told that the new system won't accept a married woman's old PPS no. Basically it refuses to take a W.

Rang social welfare and was told that this is correct. Had to be issued with new PPS no. Rang Rev. with it but can't get anyone. They are up to their eyes at mo as are social welfare who will have to change every married woman's PPS no. over the coming months!

We tried ROS but no way will it let us change marital status....any hints?

How long does it take to match your personal details, I requested mine on 11/6 and still am not able to access the site today

Got my Revenue PIN and can get past that part of the Revenue system until it asks for my email address. For some strange reason it doesn't like it. I got talking to someone on the ROS helpdesk on Tuesday pm who took all the details and said they'd ring me back. I have to admit I was surprised when they rang me back yesterday (Wed) morning. Apparently its a glitch in the system (1 of many) and they're working on it. A fix will be released, but not until August 15th. Still, I suppose better late than never. I was just surprised that they actually rang back!!

I know it's early days yet but I'm not too impressed by the Revenue online system so far and have resorted to writing (not literally using the quill and parchment that I mentioned earlier! :)) to them instead.

extopia said:
You can change your marital status on reachservices itself.

No you can't change them online. Rang Rev. (again!!). Was told that this aspect has to be changed by them. Very obliging, did it immediately and change was reflected on computer sytem immediately too!! Very impressed!

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive your reach services number and the revenue PIN? I applied for both over 3 weeks ago and have received nothing yet.

Joe1234 said:
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive your reach services number and the revenue PIN? I applied for both over 3 weeks ago and have received nothing yet.

Only took a week for me. Maybe you should give the help desk a ring.

I registered on the 9/6 and still pending despite calling and email, not too much confidence at all but not surprised either

Revenue PAYE Self Service allowed me to transfer my wife's [broken link removed] to me (she's not in paid employment at the moment) even though this is not supposed to be possible under [broken link removed] (bolding is mine):
If both spouses have taxable income, they can decide which spouse is to be the assessable spouse and request their Regional Revenue Office to allocate the tax credits and standard rate cut-off point between them in whatever way they wish. [PAYE tax credit, employment expenses and the basic standard rate cut-off point of €20,400 are non transferable.]
We received updated statements of tax credits that reflected this change and has all the credits/allowances (bar the two spouses working increase in the standard rate band of €23K - the €20,400 figure above relates to 2005) allocated to me/my employment. Surely some mistake or has something changed in the area of married taxation that allows this nowadays (if so, since when?)! :confused:

I'd check this out with Rev. There's something going on about married people's allowances! In a previous post I said my husband's credits had been returned to that of a single man (I soon put a stop to his gallop!). Rev. changed it for us but when we rang today we were told that the computer system is showing an inconsistency..i.e. it thinks he was never married before so why does he want his allowances backdated!! We've been married 28 years. They advised us to put it in writing. (Sigh........)

Great. Online service prompts deluge of written communications to correct problems. D'oh!

ClubMan said:
Thanks liteweight. I just might write to them to clarify this alright.
Revenue replied to my emailed query about the transfer of my wife's PAYE tax credit to me:
I have amended your credits to gant you one PAYE Credit. The PAYE credit is non transferrable.
Seems very odd that the system didn't catch this anomaly when I did it online and was issued with an updated statement of tax credits showing that I had both PAYE tax credits. :confused:

Thanks for the tip ClubMan. I've now self-declared as a polygamist using the online system, transferred the 5 PAYE credits from my harem to myself, and will pay no more tax this year.

Back