Parsons Court, Newcastle, Co Dub: No sign of the builder returning signed contracts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Parsons Court, Newcastle Co Dublin?

The way they are treating people is an absolute disgrace. The only answer is to arrive on there doorstep!

ok so bit of an update - had our full deposit paid and contracts signed now for 6 weeks - we were still waiting on the builder to sign the sale agreement but last week we requested our money back as we thought something was up and our money wasnt safe. Yesterday we got the cheque back. It had never even been cashed, they obviously knew right from the word go it was never going to be sold. Feel like I've wasted another three months on this place. Although the letter we got back with the money said they were expecting the builders to sign in the coming days? Dont believe it for a second. We're out.

My god really?? Im surprised they gave it back to you's so easily, usually when the contracts are signed it very hard to get out of it, obviously theres somethin big goin on. I can't believe they hadn't even cashed it after 6 weeks! I'm losing hope altogher now....
I think your right Mich, i think turning up is the only option..

yeah but the thing was that we were never in a contract because we never had their signatures. Well im going to try and talk to Kieran today and I might suggest something. Also we should all try and get to the bottom of who exactly it is that wont sign the builders agreement.

There are 3 people involved in parsons court, that own the houses, Walsh Maguire (gone bust), Dermot P Coyne (the sols) and a man called Vincent Buggy. So not only is the coyne the sols but also one of the owners.

They are playing a very strange game with you guys you would think they'd be trying to get rid of asap. I'd take my money back and run if I were you guys.

There are 3 people involved in parsons court, that own the houses, Walsh Maguire (gone bust), Dermot P Coyne (the sols) and a man called Vincent Buggy. So not only is the coyne the sols but also one of the owners.

They are playing a very strange game with you guys you would think they'd be trying to get rid of asap. I'd take my money back and run if I were you guys.

Hi everyone... glad I found you!!! We've a deposit down too. I guess we already know our neighbours. We've been experiencing the same general crapola from the sellers in Parsons Court. We need to get serious or just walk away. They're expecting us to wait in line as though it was 3 years ago. Ridiculous!

2 Simple questions
- who wants to meet up?
- is everyone willing to share the prices they have agreed?

Phew! It's a relief to realise you're not alone in all this mess!!!

Last edited:

Folks - private message me for details.

Last edited:

Hi Folk's so far all we have in is a bid - We are actually viewing other houses in Lucan Tuesday evening,however, I think we would be interested in staying in the loop as observers, since we haven't exchanged any money

Hi Folk's so far all we have in is a bid - We are actually viewing other houses in Lucan Tuesday evening,however, I think we would be interested in staying in the loop as observers, since we haven't exchanged any money

I was about to put a deposit down but after seeing your messages, I'm staying well clear of this shower.

Hey Benny and Babycake1987, Just want to keep you's in the loop in case your still interested in the property.. I'm not too sure if you's are or if you've both found somewhere else but pm me if you wanna know the latest info!

Hey everyone, just wondering what the latest is?

Have they given you a move-in date yet? Have they sorted snag lists etc... ?

Stil no sign of a move in date - there hasnt even been talk of one yet! Also seems to be some confusion over whether the snag lists are complete. I dont know what to think to be honest, Id probably keep looking if I was you!!

Hi Benny
Snags still not done... and they won't give us a date except to basically say 'as soon as possible'. We were told the snag list would be done within a matter of days (in June & again in July) or maybe a couple of weeks max. Then we were told we were first on the list for snags, now it turns out that everyone's being told the same thing - and nothing has really been done except a kitchen roof replacement (very worrying). Our snag list is enormous, arch. engineer couldn't believe the state of the place. They told us it would cost €20k to fix it!! We're still waiting, but probably will pull out because we've to renew the lease on our apartment now. It's easy to be impressed by the showhouse but some of the unfinished units are a different story so if you're serious, be prepared !!

Hi guys just looking at these houses today & thinking of putting a deposit down. have you guys had any update .... did any of u get to meet up. Needless to say I had the back up of this web page before going to see them Eoin didnt hold told me all about the problems but assured me they had been cleared.

Hi Edel, yes a couple of people met up! I don't have a deposit down but i do have a bid in. I am being kept in the loop by private messages. If you pp lee or wannagaf they will fill you in. The receivers seem to be moving things along. Mich

"The receivers seem to be moving things along" I'll let you know when I have my keys! (I say this in the most sarcastic tone I can muster) And I know!

Negotiating on Parsons Court has been a nightmare because they won't reflect price drops over the last 2-3 months, yet our lenders are talking about revaluation (our mortgage application is expiring for the second time as we wait and wait and wait for site completion). Be sure you get yourself a good deal - I think they are quoting 360 for the mid terraces - but that price is very stale. In my opinion they're being heavily pressured to make sales in Parsons Court but they don't seem to recognise the reality of the housing market at the moment. And have your engineer check for structural problems before doing anything - very very important.

Thank you so much for posting on this site, I was thinking of buying in Parsons Court, I will be staying well away from this estate and anyone got to do with selling this development. Goodluck to all of you who have been caught up in this mess, I hope it works out for you soon.

hi guys,
feel so lucky to have found you! We also have paid a booking deposit on 35, but thinking about pulling today after reading all this. I contacted d coyne's office and was told they are waiting on liquidator to return with ammended contracts..we weren't told we were buying off a liquidator! I was told i was buying off ballynakelly! does anyone know who is actually selling the properties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back