Parking at Shannon

lfcjfc

I'm flying out of Shannon on hols in June. Googled for parking at Shannon Airport and came up only with the on-airport parking. It doesnt appear that you can book in advance so I'm a bit concerned about turning up and hoping for space. Can anybody make a recommendation about parking at Shannon?
Thanks

I fly from Shannon regularly and I have never had a problem getting parking there. It just isn't a very busy airport. Whether all the new 'no frills' flights will change this or not I have no idea.

Is it expensive to park in Shannon? The last time I was there I remember being surprised at the relatively high charges combined with the relatively empty car parks.

ajapale said:
Is it expensive to park in Shannon? The last time I was there I remember being surprised at the relatively high charges combined with the relatively empty car parks.

Details on Parking in Shannon

[broken link removed]

lfcjfc,

I have just flown from and returned to Shannon over the week-end and had no problems with parking. Hint - as you drive into the airport you will have the long term carpark on your right, you can slow down (don't stop or obstruct other users) to have a peep around the carpark for spaces before you enter as sometimes the airport authorities put up signs urging users to use the 2nd longterm carpark - anyway, this is just a slightly longer walk.
BTW, I was talking to some of my fellow travellers on the return trip and they said that there was delays on the security desk at departures on Friday morning - maybe there was extra flights.

Another Update - A friend of mine had to pick people at Shannon today (Sat 28th May) and he told me that the airport now has a 3rd long term carp park and the cost is cheaper than the other 2 - this may mean that it is further away.

Another thing to watch out for if you're travelling from the Limerick direction is the roadworks at Bunratty - one lane closed in both directions and will certainly cause major delays at peak times.

Back