Paid bill from UB savings?

S

senten

I have an Ulster Bank Special Interest Deposit Account.

I have two questions about it. I've had the account for over a year and had not withdrawn anything from it until a few months ago.

I transferred some money directly from this savings account to my credit card account using online anytime banking. I see now in the terms and conditions: Section D: 6.5 Bill payments are not permitted from the Account.

Have I broken this? If so, what are the consequences?

Also another questions about condition 6.1: "You must set up a standing order to credit the Account monthly. The standing order must
be for not less than €1 and not more than €1,000. The standing order can be increased or decreased within these limits. "

I do have a standing order, but one month after the standing order went in, I transferred money from my savings to current account, so that in that month more money went out of savings than went it. I thought this would be OK, can someone confirm?

Don't worry, UB just do not want regular debit payments from this account type, a one off is fine, I have this account as well with no monthly crediting standing order and it paid interest as it should have done last two years.

I am not sure that transferring funds to your credit card could be classed as a bill payment.

Back