Overpaid paye income will form 11 rectify it?

Learner2015

Hi all, a friend has overpaid paye/ USC / prsi on his employment income for 2016.

He also has rental income for 2016.

Am I right to assume the form 11 he competes for 2016 will rectify the matter and there is no need for him to go looking for the overpaid tax now?

Submit a tax return on form 11 and in due course you will get a balancing statement that will take account of everything just as you thought it would.

Submit a tax return on form 11 and in due course you will get a balancing statement that will take account of everything just as you thought it would.

AFAIK the balancing statement only reflects what has been returned to Revenue. If PRSI was over declared, it will not fix that.

The overpaid PRSI will have to be claimed from Department of Social Protection. This is from their website www.welfare.ie
"Refunds
If a person has overpaid PRSI contributions an application for a refund should be made after the tax year ends. With effect from 1 January 2010, an application for the return of PRSI contributions must be made within four years of the last day of the contribution year in respect of which the contributions concerned were paid.

Application for a refund should be sent to:

PRSI Refunds Section
Department of Social Protection
Gandon House,
Amiens Street,
Dublin 1
Tel: (01) 6732586 "

If you have overpaid, and your Form 11 statement confirms this after you press the "Calculate" button,, how do you submit the form online. I tried to do this but the form takes you to a payment page, asks you to choose your means of payment (card or electronic payment via your bank), but does not seem to tell what to do if you are owed rather than owing tax. Has anyone managed to navigate this particular obstacle? Thanks in anticipation,
(I'm very aware that I'm in a happy place tax wise).

If you have overpaid, and your Form 11 statement confirms this after you press the "Calculate" button,, how do you submit the form online. I tried to do this but the form takes you to a payment page, asks you to choose your means of payment (card or electronic payment via your bank), but does not seem to tell what to do if you are owed rather than owing tax. Has anyone managed to navigate this particular obstacle? Thanks in anticipation,
(I'm very aware that I'm in a happy place tax wise).
There's an option to file the return without making a payment. It should be a tick box at the bottom of the screen after you click Sign and Submit.

Back