Outsourcing payroll for a small company?

A

Amanda

Hi,

I run a small company and want to outsource the administration of payroll - ie I want someone else to look after it completely.
There are only 10 employees in the company - how much would I need to budget for this? Also, would it be cheaper to get an accountant to do it once a fortnight, on the side?

thanks.

Amanda

Why do you want to outsource payroll? A payroll package like Collsoft or Thesaurus will do it in minutes for you. You save no time by outsourcing, as you will have to communicate the tax information and salary changes and bonuses to the outsource company.

Brendan

Cara used to have a bureau that did this sort of thing

Despite many predictions it refused to die

Seems that a lot of prof partnerships like payroll done by a third party - makes it harder for one to see what the other is drawing out

I think Cara ended up selling their operation to - I dont know who.

It might well be still running

eDog

Heard there was a few companies in Norren Ireland who did small payrolls for £20 (thats twenty quid) .. i could not believe it...but its true

re

Brendan, I have been asked by the shareholders of the company to outsource the payroll. They do not want to have it done in house.
I've looked up an Irish company called Pay Role, but am waiting for a reply from them.

Thanks for all your contributions.

Re: re

We have used Jefferson Payroll for many years and are very satisfied with the service.

(I have no connection with Jefferson Payroll, other than as a customer)

Re: re

Sometimes your accountant will organise it for you, especially for small numbers of employees.

Back