one parent entitlements

abi2007

Hi I'm a single parent and have recently changed position and hours in my job. My weekly income is 305 before tax, i also recieve 90 fis and 100 maintenance. When i looked on line to see if i was entilted to one parent family payment i worked out i'd get 65 euro a week based on the web page stating i could earn up to 400 per week, when i called them to double check this i was told i could get 132 per week based on a weekly income limit of 465. was wondering if anyone knows if the fis income limit has changed too as the web page states 480? Also am i entitled to get bin tags?

Lone parent ? You might find what you need here - [broken link removed] or

I do claim one parent tax credits, didn't realise that was possible till my daughter was two..... no body tells you these things. Thats what i love about this web site, you find out so much.

Wasn't sure who to contact about the bin tags, thanks for your help will ring my local authority tomo.

I do claim one parent tax credits, didn't realise that was possible till my daughter was two.....
You can backdate claims for outstanding tax relief by up to 4 tax years - i.e. back to 2003 this year just in case that helps?
Wasn't sure who to contact about the bin tags, thanks for your help will ring my local authority tomo.
For example Dublin City Council have some info about the bag label waiver [broken link removed] but I don't know what Local Authority area you are in.

Abi

A few questions

1. How many children have you got?

2. Are you paying rent or mortgage because a certain amount of maintenance can be disregarded for OFP?

3. Is your maintenance official (through a court order) or an ad hoc arrangement?

one Child, Mortgage 798 per month and maintence of 100 euro per week through court order.

Abi

Based on the figures you gave here's my estimate of One-Parent Family (OFP) you may be entitled to.

Maintenance: you get €100 a week. €95.23 can be disregarded for housing costs (mortgage) and half the remainder is counted as means. €100 - €95.23 = €4.77 /2 = €2.38.

Income: €305 - €146.50 (disregard) = €158.50. This is halved to give means from employment which is €79.25.

Your total means should be €81.63 assuming that you don't have savings of more than €20,000.

Your One-Parent Family Payment should be €110.80 plus €22 for your child giving you a weekly OFP payment of €132.80. http://www.welfare.ie/publications/sw19/sw19_sect3.html#3.7

Your Family Income Supplement may have to be re-calculated taking into account your OFP but the maintenance you get is not taken into account for this calculation.

I hope this helps.

Back