One adult, two children..

rooibos

Hello,

Really great advice on this forum so wondering if someone similar to me has found a good package.
I'm 38, no health issues and I only have to get health insurance for myself and two children (both under 12). Partner is done through his work. We're all thankfully in good health and I have never needed to use it.
The three of us are under Glo Health Net 300 (i think it is?). Renewal is due in a couple of days. Not too sure if I am completely bowled over by the level of cover. I do a lot of sport and see there is an orthopaedic co-charge (just thinking about my knees or joints in the future just in case!). Don't really care about day to day as we spend so little. We live in the West so not near the "high tech" Dublin hospitals, but getting treated if needs be would be important.
Any advice?

Hi rooibos,

Welcome to AAM. I'm assuming you are on Glohealth Net More 300 at the moment.
There are a few alternatives to consider with Glohealth as follows;

Adult Options
1. Glohealth Kick Off Plus plan; price 825pa; public and private hospital cover. Excess 300 per private admission.
2. Glohealth Nurture Plan; price 890pa; public and private hospital cover. Excess 300 per 2 private admissions per year.
[broken link removed]

Alternative option with Laya healthcare as follows;
1. Laya Flex 375 Explore; price 822pa; public,private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, no co-payment for orthopaedic surgery in any private or hi-tech hospital. Private/hi-tech excess 375 per admission. day case excess 125 per visit.
[broken link removed]

*Note; a 5% discount applies to this plan upto and including 31 Oct 2016 if purchased online.

Child Options
1. Glohealth Nurture Plan; price 100 per child under 12 yrs; public and private hospital cover. Excess 300 per 2 private admissions per year.
No excess applies to any public hospital.

2. Laya Essential Connect Health; price 160 per child; public and private hospital cover. Excess 75/150 per private admission.
*Note; this price applies only upto and including 31 Oct 2016.

3. VHI One + Plan; price 137pa; public, private and hi-tech hospital cover, excess 125 per private/hi-tech admission or day case.
*Note; this price applies upto and including 31 Oct 2016.
4. VHI One Plan Family will be reduced to 152 per child from 1 Nov 2016; cover same as One + Plan.

Note; VHI allow children to be insured on their own without an adult, an adult is named on the policy but only the children are insured if required.
I don't think Glohealth or Laya allow this, but you could confirm this if it would suit your situation to have the children with a different provider
to save money overall.

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

If your renewal date is 1 Nov 2016 and you are trying to avoid price increases or to avail of the 5% discount with Laya, Laya healthcare will allow
you to renew a day or two before.

Snowyb

Just a very late update....I went with the Glohealth option. The children were €100 each but a condition was that the children had to be attached to an adult policy. Overall this was the better value.

Back