Not registered yet as sole trader/company and having problem getting paid by client.

BrianDoyle2016

Hello,

I work full time and decided to do a few website jobs on the side until I can get enough clients and eventually leave my full time employment.

Recently I have a client who has decided they do not want to continue with my services however I have already done the majority of the work.

I am not yet registered as a sole trader or a company.

Is there anything I can do as I have put a lot of time and effort into this website?

P.s This is in Ireland

Take down the site. Surely you built in a back-door until you got paid? Its your work and your IP.

What can they do? Do you have contract in place? What does it say? Surely the work was delivered under a "retention of title until invoices are paid" scenario? What can they do if you take back your work product?

What do you mean by "not registered".

If you mean that you have not registered with Revenue as a sole trader, that has nothing to do with your client.

Take down the site. Surely you built in a back-door until you got paid? Its your work and your IP.

Sounds like a good plan, why do all the work and get nothing for it, if you do continue with this type of work perhaps interim payments would be a better approach.

Get yourself registered with Revenue asap. Get assistance from an accountant on this if you need it. And if you're in bother, try not using an AAM username that directly identifies you.

Back