Motor No claims bonus

jackswift

Two years ago I bought a second car so I had to start off without a no claims bonus on that car. Six months later I got rid of the first car and informed the insurance that I should have a full no claims bonus on the second car now a year and a half later they are saying that I've only 2 years no claims bonus and the premium has more than doubled. I checked out citizens information and it said that even if you give up driving for two years you can get your full no claims bonus back. I've informed the insurance about this but they still won't allow it. Any ideas how to resolve it?

It happened to me. I had a car and a jeep. Full no claims on both. I was using the jeep more at the time so I got rid of the car. Last year I bought a car again (as well as keeping the jeep) because now I need a car more.

As it was over the two years I had to start with noting again. The only saving grace was that I was a named driver on another private car and that helped me with getting some discount.

It happened to me. I had a car and a jeep. Full no claims on both. I was using the jeep more at the time so I got rid of the car. Last year I bought a car again (as well as keeping the jeep) because now I need a car more.

As it was over the two years I had to start with noting again. The only saving grace was that I was a named driver on another private car and that helped me with getting some discount.
That's interesting as I'm actually a named driver in another car.

your post is somewhat confusing. If you have a full bonus on one vehicle and you cancel that policy, you should able to take that NCB and use it against the other policy.

your post is somewhat confusing. If you have a full bonus on one vehicle and you cancel that policy, you should able to take that NCB and use it against the other policy.
I had my son as a named driver on the first car which I had a full no claims bonus on. I bought the second car two years ago and started a new policy on that car, when the insurance was out in the first car I signed it over to my son as he was the main driver, which will be 2 years next November. Should I be able to cancel the policy on the second car and start a new policy with my original nbc?

But don't cancel anything until you have the new policy in place or you could end up between two stools.

I got it sorted they will start the new policy on the day the old policy expires. It went from 771 down to 474. The car is 16 years so that's why it's still on the high side.

Back