Nicest birthday cake in Dublin city centre?

marcellaf

Hi all,

Where can I get a really nice birthday cake in or very near Dublin city centre?

I don't live in Dublin so haven't a clue what's available.

Preferably home-made rather than say, Marks and Sparks, although I've never had a M&S cake so maybe they are yummy??

thanks!

I should also mention that I will be bringing the cake to a restaurant to be served after a meal out. Black forest gateau would go down especially well!

Not quite city centre, but not far away...

Thunders in Drumcondra
Clarkes in Cabra

Try Clarkes bakery on the Cabra Road (pass Phibsboro church on the lefthand side) - they do lovely birthday cakes and are not too pricey compared to some other fancy bakeries.

Does anyone know if there's a website for Clarkes? Do they deliver? I won't have a car with me but could taxi it I suppose.

a thunders special is so yummy its made up of sponge, merangue, fruit and cream!

Leon, the Pastry Cafe- on Trinity Street, beside Tommy Hilfiger.

Very nice cakes.

Or, if you just want a simple chocolate cake - M&S do a good sized
Chocolata Gateux for around €16. Its presented nicely with a chocolate champagne bottle and stars on top.

Have to say Thunders. Their cakes are just fabulous. Am drooling here even thinking about them!!

I was also going to say Thunders or Clarkes .........great minds and all that :)

Wonder why I feel so hungry now........

Mannings Bakery and Cafe on Thomas st is great, its where we get all our cakes for parties etc, great variety and they are made to order not sitting in a box beside tea-bags in a supermarket! We always collect but I think they might deliver and their website is www.manningsbakeryshops.ie.

Mannings Bakery and Cafe on Thomas st is great, its where we get all our cakes for parties etc, great variety and they are made to order not sitting in a box beside tea-bags in a supermarket! We always collect but I think they might deliver and their website is www.manningsbakeryshops.ie.

Hi MaryJane, welcome to AAM In accordance with the posting guidelines, could you confirm whether you have any association with the above company other than being a satisfied customer?

A first time poster replying to a 2 year old thread is treated with a high degree of suspicion.
Leo

I can most certainly confirm that I have no affiliation with the above company, I am an at home MUM and have only come across this blog review stuff. Is the first review you make always treated with a degree of suspician? I did also try and review on a couple of other pages after this one but theydidnt seem to come up

If you are out west of the City, the Cake Man in Clondalkin makes really lovely
cakes ....would need to order in advance...

Back