Newly built Shed with planning inspected following complaint, re-visit requested?

IES2023

Hi ,
Hoping someone has any information on the process with the planning authorities in regards to a Shed built alongside my newly built house.

Shed was constructed as per plans
It has been plastered & wired for power for my garden tools and gardening.
There is no running water and no way to heat the shed. There is no flooring down only concrete.

We received a letter of complaint of its “use”
It was inspected in November and they were happy with it when they saw it, said it was a “glorified shed”

They took pictures and said just reply to a warning letter you get back, which we did and now they want to re-visit the shed in January again…. Why would they waste their time ? Is there more to this than we think? We are not worried but more concerned as to why we are being investigated again.

Thanks

It's not wasting their time, it's their whole reason for being! Sure it's a trip out of the office for someone for a few hours, only yesterday a friend of mine told me council were out to him over a non event really, the guy admitted he didn't really need to call at all he could have rang but fancied a break from his desk!

I wouldn't give it much thought, probably double checking you didn't move somone in their to live after their original investigation as somebody obviously complained as presumed this was what you were going to do!

It would be nice to see them do more inspections. If you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear from them.

I think we are more bothered by the complaint in the first place. thanks for your response we are worrying over nothing then if we have followed all plans and compliance.

I think we are more bothered by the complaint in the first place. thanks for your response we are worrying over nothing then if we have followed all plans and compliance.
A neighbour could be jealous of what you have.let them inspect it.

Reactions: Leo
Even better, tell them the hut tub is up and running and the kegs hooked up....but they're not invited :D
Ahahaha! How do you know I have a hot tub in the garden :D thank you both for your wise words it means a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: Leo
Back