Health Insurance Newbie to health cover

Cluvie

Hi guys I'm a total newbie and my head is spinning with all these plans and addons excesses etc. I'm the wrong side of 50 and I'm contemplating biting the bullet and purchasing health insurance. I've no tax benefit to get and I'm unemployed. On my budget I can do prob 110 per month. I live in Clare. Can someone give me some direction pls maybe suggest a plan worth looking at? I'm aware I'll have to pay the lifetime levy for the next 10 yrs. I'd appreciate some help. Thanks

Hi Cluvie,

Welcome to AAM.

Have you had a read through the info on Citizens Information on taking out health insurance in Ireland.

The HIA website should be able to give some advice also. This booklet looks to be worth a read.

Dermot Goode of Total Healthcover always says give the 3 insurance companies a call, tell them your budget and let them offer you value for money. Maybe if you get your skates on you could get in before the 1st March price increase with VHI or 1st April with Laya. There is a 14 day cooling off period if you did change your mind.

Back