new ulsterbank anytime -paying off personal loan?

pernickety

Hi all,
I've seen the other discussion about the new UB anytime system and have been taking a look around. I have a personal loan account that I see for the first time with a minus figure (obviously) and enough to pay it off in my current account. I have previously written to UB over several matters and am still awaiting replies (grrrr!), one of those was how much was remaining on my personal loan.
So, I just transferred the amount from current to personal, leaving a balance of zero, and cancelled the standing order. Anyone know if that's the end of the story? Or will I hear from them saying I owe interest....

The new facilities look good, great being able to see the credit card and pay it off online, but it's too little too late for a very dissatisfied customer, who will be closing all accounts as soon as they sort out their mess!

Anyone know if that's the end of the story? Or will I hear from them saying I owe interest....
It depends on the Ts&Cs of the loan. What fees/penalties are due for early redemption of the loan?
Given the information provided, nobody can give a meaningful answer to the question, best to keep checking with UB until you get a meaningful answer.

All you see there is the amount outstanding not accrued interest. They will come and look for the interest.

meant to say there is no penalty for paying off a fixed loan with them earlier.

Last edited:
That sounds very unusual - not to have early encashment penalties on a fixed rate loan.

am sure on this Clubman. Have done it in the past myself once I get my loans to a reasonable amount I pay them off in full. I have never been penalised.

Back