New Ireland Road / Uppercross Road, Rialto, Dublin 8

Pantone

I've been looking at a number of properties in the Rialto area just off the South Circular Road at New Ireland Road and Uppercross Road area. It certainly looks like quite a nice peaceful residential area, however I don't know the area very well at all and would like to get some advice, if possible.

Is anyone familiar with this area and if so, what is it like to live in, in terms of safety etc. and the usual stuff? It seems very convenient in the terms of the LUAS and it proximity to the city centre but again, I don't know what the area is like to actually live in.

Any advice or comments on this area would be very welcome. Thanks in advance!

Hi! I don't live there but one of my parents grew up in the area and I now work here. I think Upper Cross and New Ireland are very nice. They are quiet and very settled. As with anywhere there are some anti-social problems in the area but as far as I know they don't tend to extend as far as there. Rialto itself is lovely and I think it still retains a 'village' feel with friendly people in the local shops etc (there is a great butchers!). The Luas is a great bonus and there are regular buses too. Good luck!

My folks haved lived in Rialto for 10 years and in that time there have been one or two incidents - the house was broken into when it was unoccupied and their car was also broken into at a later date. Both incidents were about 7-8 years ago and since then there have been no problems. Not bad for a city centre location. Rialto is a nice area and in reality little problems arise from the two local flats complexes. Personally I would have no qualms about living there.

my area all my life, and my parents for 20 years before me!

love it, i bought my own home here when i moved out of parents, couldn't fathom going anywhere else.

Uppercross and New Ireland are dream roads, very settled, great community, ideally located in the village yet back enough to gain extra peace & quiet. If you are lucky enough to be able to afford it then go for it.

A poster above mentioned the amazing butcher / epicurean food store! an amazing little treasure trove of natural produce, The Rialto House for cosy carvery lunched and the Bird Flanagan for a nice drink sitting by the fireside watching a game later on. all on your doorstep.....go for it!

Hi,
I bought and live on New Ireland Road. It's safe, friendly and ideally located. I couldn't think of a bad word to say about the place. Lots of handy amenities near-by as well.

J

Hi all - New Ireland road is a lovely place to live, spend a lot of my time here and it is always quiet, never any trouble - its a really settled area. I would definitely move here!! Really good location aswell, for city centre.

Hope the buy goes well for you!

Hi, I was wondering if people had any updated opinions on the New Ireland Road area? I've started to look around here and it seems to be a nice part of Rialto but I dont know the village that well.

Hi,

I live nearby and those roads are quiet and settled. I have friends who live on new Ireland road and they have had no problems. Rialto village itself is nice enough, has a good selection of local shops which I use quite a bit. In 8 years I have had one 'experience' with some local teens by the shops but nothing that would stop me from living in the area. Good transport links to city and Dublin bikes nearby are very convenient.

Back