New gas boiler - system flush

A

Abbeymom

I am getting a new gas boiler installed (getting SEI grant). I have a quote which seems reasonable €2,800 incl heating controlls. However having read previous threads it seems important to have the system flushed before boiler is installed? I asked installer about a power flush and he said no one does them any more. He did say he would put in a chemical flush when the new boiler is in and then an inhibitor after? Does this seem right? Any advise would be appriciated as I really want it done correctly from the start. Tks.

Seems correct. Have a look at [broken link removed]X300 (System Cleaner) and X100 (Inhibitor) products.

Not only is flushing important, it is a must to comply with boiler makers installation instructions. Warrenty will be affected it it isn't done.

There are two ways to do it, a rapid clean, as in power flush or a slower way is to add a cleansing agent such as Sentinel X400 (X300 is for new systems not heavily fouled). This would need to be added a couple of weeks prior to new boiler being fitted, it would be flushed out when new installation takes place.

The comment that nobody does power flushing anymore, means that this installer has never done power flushing as it is a realtively new way of doing things in Ireland, it has been done for years in the UK.

Thanks Folks. Just to be clear the flush should be done before the new boiler goes in - not flushed with the new boiler in place?

Thanks Folks. Just to be clear the flush should be done before the new boiler goes in - not flushed with the new boiler in place?

yes, it would be need to be done prior to new installation. Flushing sludge through a new heat exchanger (Boiler) wouldn't make sence.

Thanks for that - it makes itreally clear for me.

Back