New gas boiler installation costs

M

mdel1

Have been quoted €3100 for removal of old boiler, moving a new condensing one outside and building a small shed, making plaster etc good, 2 thermostatic valves downstairs, no new rads and some sort of pressure something or other on the new boiler. House is old (1890) but small...2 up 2 down. Should I be asking for anything or about anything else? Is this a fair price? Not sure when the rads are cleaned out that they will be better and think 2 may need replacing. Cost?

Re: New gas boiler instillation costs

Dose the price include VAT and the building of the boiler house?.

System will have to be flushed before new boiler is fitted, is that included?

Re: New gas boiler instillation costs

Hi There,
Yes it includes all that...not sure how the system is going to be cleaned out though....concerned about one of the rads which had never worked properly since moving in (5 years). Do you know is it possible to get a weekly or monthly timer also? and should I put thermostatic valves on all rads?
Thanks for all input.....on a very steep learning curve here!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i live in irishtown again 2 up 2 down and we were quoted €2200 just to replace a boiler and flush system. but try this guy his name is john reilly 0872439035 im only a satisfied customer

Thats not too bad a price. How far from house is boiler house?

You can get a seven day timer, each day can be set differently. Thermostatic rad valves are cheap and should be fitted except where there is a room stat fitted.

Thanks Davyjones,
Spoke to him already regarding timer so have that sorted........thanks for the info. Just one last thing.....How much should I pay for a rad if one needs to be replaced? Thanks again

mdel 1

sounds like a good price. just make sure the system is flushed completely though(your new boilers warranty will be invalid if you don't) - this may even solve your rad problem. Also, might be an idea to retain 10% until you receive your cert of conformity complete with pipework sketch.

Back