neighbour and food waste?

wearyofit

I have a query regarding a neighbour who disposes of their food waste in the back yard of their house -they throw it all out for crows mainly but also cats and possibly rats. I live next door to this person and with the amount of crows that come to eat there I feel like I'm living next door to a dump. This happens a few times a day and if I'm out the back of my house when it begins I have to get in quick as it's so disgusting. It's really begin to upset me and I hate it. The house is rented to this person but the owner isn't any help. I.ve spoken to the person but they're not stopping. I'm just wondering what the law is in relation to someone doing this? Or is there any law when it's at the back of their house and not in view of everyone? Any help/ advice appreciated.

This is a horrible problem - amazing that someone would do this to their neighbour! I think environmental health is probably the way to go. Nothing worse than a bad neighbour!!!! I hope it works out for you.

How much kitchen waste can one family have. I am sure feeding time might only last for a few minutes, its one of those things when people live so close to each other, there is no law yet that you can't feed other critters yet with our waste.its a society thing us humans are terrible wasters.

Chances are if they are doing this with their food waste, they don't have a contract for waste disposal... don't some councils enforce proof of proper disposal of waste?

Back