need to pick brains on refinancing

Re: Spending

"Since when did we become puritans."

Since lots of us noticed that we have either no cash or large overdraughts we are servicing every month..Just because everyone else is in debt doesn't make it a "normal" situation. to be in or a desirable one.

You may not think she has a problem but she clearly does as she stated that cash was getting tight every month. The same as myself still I started to cut back on various items and decided to clear out various debts.

what the hell is posh bread!?

I thought that people people on this website would know where was the best place to get a loan to cover our various debts. No one has answered this, so the answer has come from within, we're going with Ulster Bank at 7.9% for probably five years. That will cost us more in the long run, but free up some cash in the short term so we can manage our current expenses without going for more loans.
At no stage did I say I paying off debts was the most important thing to me! Our quality of life is, so I'm looking for a nice balance. I have as much chance of keeping to some draconian budget as I do staying on the cabbage soup diet. To answer your points Zag, my course is hugely fulfilling and will lead to a better paying job. I need my bedroom to feel nice, paint is a cheap way of doing that. We live in a tiny apartment so easy access to our attic makes moving around it a lot nicer so I've shopped around and B&Q have one for €45. As for wedding outfits, If I was back in college with a twenty hour week I'd look around charity shops, but on a lunch break Zara will do nicely. Anyway, you can't keep telling me €25,000 is an amazing amount of money to earn but you need to buy your clothes at SVP.
Thanks for the tip on the dental tax back stuff, we already had the forms. Went to Lidl two weeks ago, had a great time stuffing a huge basket for €60.
So the thing for me is balance, and I think I've internalised how I'm going to do that.

Re: what the hell is posh bread!?

I thought that people people on this website would know where was the best place to get a loan to cover our various debts. No one has answered this,

The cheapest place to get a loan to cover debts is usually on your mortgage but it's not simple a matter of cost. As pointed out earlier loan consolidation should generally be considered as once off drastic approach to debt allowing one to put in place the necessary lifestyle changes (if required) to live within one's means going forward.

In terms of non mortgage lending for debt consolidation the best buys or your Credit Union may be an option. The rate you mention seems competitive for an unsecured personal loan assuming that it's an APR?

www.askaboutmoney.com/clu...ONAL_LOANS

Most of the posts in this topic have contain very constructive and prudent advice. If you don't like any of it you are of course free to ignore it...

Re: what the hell is posh bread!?

Well good luck with it anyway. Hopefully it will all work out well for you. Better to do it now while interest rates are lower for the next year or so (pure speculation here of course) and get the advantage of a cheaper repayment rate in any case.

the gold

Nobody over the age of 17 should have to drink Dutch Gold.

Dutch beer

Going off the main point completely and utterly, the Dutch do seem to brew on a vast scale. Why, their beer has literally flooded into Ireland.

Dutch Gold
Royal Dutch
Grolsch
Heineken (bottled in Cork, brewed where??)
Amstel (now owned by Heineken)
Oranjeboom (4*50cl cans for €5, great deal)
Bavaria (strange name, but it is Dutch)

Bavaria comes in three strenghts, normal at 4.3%, the Pils at 5%, and a serious super-strenght Bavaria at something like 8.6%.

The Belgians are also great brewers, but more into quality.

Protocol

Re: Dutch beer

Nobody over the age of 17 should have to drink Dutch Gold.

Aldi and Lidl beers are nicer and, I presume, cheaper!

Re: Dutch beer

My last reply went south as i tried to post it? field missing?

It is great to see the supermarkets doing the boxes of bottled beer. I recently purchased 24 bottles of kronenberg and 24 bottles of stella for €24, thats value in my book. i wouldn't say i've drank a can in two years, if there is one thing a man shouldn't skimp on it should be his beer. Also great to see the belgian/german hooch hitting the shelves, works of fine craftsmanship such as Abbey Beer (not too unlike hoegarden) franciskaner and our old friend Mr Bottled Grolsh, how he pleases in his dapper attire. Manys the night has been spent on the tiled floor after herculean libation sessions.
My all time favourite has to be Brew No.1. Sadly Dublin Brewing Company have ceased supply of this exquisite tipple, i've cried and lost sleep over this. I still have one 500ml bottle of it in the fridge for over one year in the hope i can pull some type of Jurassic Park cloning project on it. Better to have loved and lost...

A can do image.

O,

yes there'd be better value in lidl and aldi, both have on offer bottled beers for good value, not too sure of the exact price though. Got Fink Braus in lidl over the christmas, they'd do if you were not too fussy/stuck.

Back