Nationwide UK Monthly/Annual Interest?

skrooge

In line with Anglo dropping their rates I've decided to move my money into Nationwide UK. I was reading through their website and I notice the Easy Access Savings Account has the option of paying interest monthly or annually. I remember NR offer the same option but that the AER on having interest paid monthly was lower. I can't see anything to suggest that this is the case with NWUK but I was wondering if anyone else had discovered anyting?

The monthly option appeals to me as I imagine rates will continue to drop and having easy access to the lump sum and accrued interest might prove handy if it turns out theres a better home for my cash elsewhere. However, am I better off simply going with the annual option? Trying to remember my AERs but it's been a while...

The Nationwide UK website says the rate is 3.55% AER for annual interest and 3.55% AER with monthly interest. However, their website also says they offer a gross p.a. rate of 3.49% with their monthly interest account ??

Nationwide UK offer a facility to transfer your bank interest to a different account monthly.

I am in the process of switching from Anglo to Nationwide UK myself. Thus far, I have found Nationwide UK very helpful.

Not only might rates drop but our gov. might put up dirt tax...for these reasons I`ve gone for monthly interest myself

Back