my account cleaned out

jenn11

My account has been hit for transactions on animal jam that I'm not responsible for.

My friends daughter plays this game that's how I know about it and this same friend had my bank card to put money on my card to pay her direct debt insurance (I know my mistake for allowing anyone to use my card).

Although I received the card back in Sunday after us falling out the previous day my account has transactions for animal jam on Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon so going with my gut and saying my card details were taken down and used.

I have reported this to the bank and the frauds department is dealing with it. Will I get my money back and I should I report this to the garda. I dont know what to do I'm in a panic.

First of all what exactly did you report to the bank - that you gave them the card + details and they used it??? Because claiming a fraudulent transaction when you supplied the details could be come problematic for you too if the Garda become involved.

Have you spoken to your friend? She may well be unaware her of what has happened. Also if the transactions occurred on a Saturday they may not have appeared on your account for a few days.

I'm afraid that since you gave out your details they are unlikely to re-imburse you.

If you handed over you card and any passwords or PIN to another person then this is your own fault and it is unlikely that the bank will reimburse you. If your friend did use the card for in app purchases then potentially they may not have realized what they were committing to when they used your card to register. Regardless, your friend owes you the money back. If they don't then you could involve the Gardaí but if the amount is small (as in a few hundred) I would question how much they will get involved

Yes this happens quite a bit and I'd say your friend is unaware of it.
The card could have been registered once on the game - not sure why or how and that's the question you need to ask you friend.

From then on the child would be playing the game and buying more products in it etc without realising what happened. If it's a lot the you could contact the game company and they may refund it.

Need to be very careful with these games and they make the money from the extras and once a card is registered it's a simple click to pay without needing the card again.

So it goes without saying I'd also ensure that card is cancelled as it's possibly going to continue.

But have a chat with your friend and explain - my guess is they are totally unaware and will be mortified when they find out.

Back