Moving from one Local Authority to another

3CC

Hi,

I am moving from a temporary contract in one local authority to another. I mentioned the transfer of superannuation to HR and they say there is no need to worry about it. Does anyone know if this is correct? I would have expected that someone in the system would be keeping an ongoing tally of my superannuation contributions.

Thanks,
3CC

3CC,
after you transfer to the new LA they will write to your old LA asking them to confirm your service, have you any other service with other LAs and if any contributions are outstanding on the service. It is your service where an accurate record needs to be kept.
There is no ongoing tally of superannuation contributions, contributions do not go into a fund . The LAs pension scheme is a "pay as you go scheme".
Hope this helps,
Evening

If you're on a temporary contract, are you in the superannuation scheme? I remember from years ago that temp staff couldn't join the superannuation scheme until they were made permanent (then had to buy back the temp time). Maybe this has changed?

As Evening says, it's more your record of having paid into it that's important rather than any actual contributions paid.

Has anybody any ideas in moving from a local authority to another, is it better to make contact with my H.R. section and ask them for relevant contacts - any ideas would be helpful

Back