KBC Mortgage from 2007 with two separate offer letters

Hi Lightening
No we didnt sign the tracker offer original offer
Brendan believed we have no case.
"prevailing variable rate" is on our contract..
I believe we are only included because we were offered a tracker , but I am not hopeful of getting anything out of the review

Couple of things to be considered;
Did the broker suggest to fix before drawdown knowing the flyer was in circulation? Check your correspondence. Is that perhaps why you fixed!
It was the policy to roll the fixed onto trackers at that time and we know from postings that this happened as others have stated KBC automatically rolled them to trackers from their fixed rates and the wording in their fixed was "prevailing rate" nothing at all about rolling to wording "tracker". There can't be one rule for some and not for others.

I think Brendan has stated in a previous post that the words "prevailing rate" is key.

That didnt happen to me, I rolled onto SVR and then fixed again months later.. As far as I was concerned I wasnt entitled to a tracker ..Im afraid I cant see any positive outcome in our case, however Im sure there are others with concrete cases, who will get justice

Hi DamC82, while I admire your pragmatism my case is similar to yours and I'm not giving up just yet!! As banks start getting issued with fines over next few months this scandal is going to snowball. Anyone who could or should have had access to a tracker on the day they fixed will ultimately have to be re-instated, anything less will be a failure of the whole examination.

I'm also very interested in this. Something similar happened to me with BOI. I've requested a copy of my file to see if there's any further information on it regarding rate changes. I'm not holding out much hope but there's no harm in trying.

Keep in mind Lightening, when banks were starting to offer trackers, in my opinion, they copied existing contracts and put the word "tracker" at the start.

Most of the rest remained unchanged.

I think it's incorrect if Brendan is summarily dismissing contracts which contain the words "prevailing variable rate".

If a bank started a customer out on tracker, and gave customer option to fix, it is strange for the"fix" to act as some kind of trapdoor to move customer to SVR upon fixing /end of fix.

If that was the case it should have been described as "option to fix and lose your tracker".

IIB never actually used the word tracker ..no? Has anybody had any degree of success with KBC?
TBH I have given up hope months ago.. they really suck the life of you.. IIRC there was supposed to be word before end September 2016.
Its really deplorable how they can get away with kicking the can down the road...

Hi mister32. No word "tracker" was used in their tracker product start to finish. Only "variable". We are covering old ground.

Their tracker loan was their "prevailing rate" as was their fixed.

No Standard Variable Rate mentioned anywhere nor the word tracker.

Back