Mortgage debt after 7 years

Kenlouth

Handed back keys to ptsb, house was sold leaving a shortfall in 2016 of 70k.
Have heard nothing from them in 7 years until January 2024.
They are now requesting the shortfall of 70k which I would be in no position to pay at all. No job and living in a HAP property.
Any advice would be appreciated as now very worried.

Genuine question. What consequences are you worried about if you have nothing to give the bank (or nothing for the bank to take)?

Genuine question. What consequences are you worried about if you have nothing to give the bank (or nothing for the bank to take)?
Thanks for replying, just worried what action they can take if any. I have absolutely nothing to give or for them to take. I live day by day with no savings etc

Thanks for replying, just worried what action they can take if any. I have absolutely nothing to give or for them to take. I live day by day with no savings etc
You sound like a candidate for a write off. Will let others here advise how to work that. Good luck.

talk to MABS.

On the face of it, you could get a Debt Relief Notice

There are some other options but I think a DRN sounds best.

talk to MABS.

On the face of it, you could get a Debt Relief Notice

There are some other options but I think a DRN sounds best.

On looking, is that not only for 35k and under?

I am a PIP, discount all the above speak to w Solicitor about whether debt is statute barred.

If not then look at DSA and/or Bankruptcy

Hello all, on the topic Personal Insolvency, we were discharged 2.5 years ago after a 5 year insolvency plan, would we still only be able to apply for any type of loan after a further 6 years of being discharged? and is our credit rating only cleared after 6 years of being discharged? any info would help. Thanks

Hello all, on the topic Personal Insolvency, we were discharged 2.5 years ago after a 5 year insolvency plan, would we still only be able to apply for any type of loan after a further 6 years of being discharged? and is our credit rating only cleared after 6 years of being discharged? any info would help. Thanks
Thats down to each individual lenders appetite. Nobody can give you a straight answer

Back