"Mortgage allowance grant"

neady

Hi can anyone tell me about "Mortgage allowance grant". I have a council house but am in the process of moving into my own house that I have built. How do I apply or find out if I am entitled to this grant? Thanks all.

Hi neady
I think you may be refering to the mortgage allowance scheme, this is a "grant" avaiable to those who are leaving council houses or community housing and buying their own home. I was one of those people, I geta grant of 11k over 5 yrs. This grant comes from the dept of environment and the county council where you are buying your new home. Here is the link about it on oasis

Thanks Clio. I emailed my local authority for more info. Do you know anything about the new house grant?

What do you mean?? (sorry!!) I get an allowance each month paid into my bank account, there is the list of oasis of the yearly amounts. I know it took about a year to get it sorted and I was backdated for that year the second yr I got €233 a month and from this month I will be going into my third year so I think its just over the €170 mark

Last edited:
Hi Clio, i found a page on my county councils website about the mortgage allowance grant. It was going through the criteria to qualify and this was one of them.

Can I qualify for the £3,000 (€3,809) new house grant?

If you are purchasing or having a new house built and have not previously purchased a house (not including a tenant purchase house being returned), the £3,000 (€3,809) new house grant may be payable.

Can I qualify for the £3,000 (€3,809) new house grant?

If you are purchasing or having a new house built and have not previously purchased a house (not including a tenant purchase house being returned), the £3,000 (€3,809) new house grant may be payable

I think your county council need to update their website, the new housing grant of €3809 was abolished around 4 years ago.

I think Molly is right there, thats the old first time buyers grant, pity we couldnt gett that.

hi
i also got the mortgage allowance grant 3 years ago when i moved out of my corpration house. Just call your local city hall and they`ll send you out the necessary application forms.

Back