Monitor for PS5 & College

TurningGreen

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody can help with a suggestion. My son got a PS5 and I am looking to get him a monitor for xmas - my max price €260, 23-27" (ideally 27"). He will use this for college work and gaming. Do not want a large 32" etc as space limited in bedroom.

Have looked at a number of options and have come down to the following three

Does a curved screen make much of a difference in gaming?

Is HDR a must for gaming/PS5?

At this price level are you going to notice a difference between IPS, WLED, VA?

Can anybody see any deal breaker with any of these 3 options for College/PS5 use or is there a better option out there for the price range. I would prefer to buy in a bricks and mortar shop and in Ireland if possible.

Many Thanks in advance

Can't really comment on monitors with a PS5 as I use my TV but I think of the three you have chosen my choice would be the last one
purely because it's a quad HD as opposed to 1080P but if I was buying one to go with a PS5 I think I look for a 4K one again purely for the picture quality and there is a huge difference between 1080P and 4K when it comes to gaming but not sure if you'll get a 4K one for your budget here in Ireland unless there is one on sale in the Black Friday deals

Curved screens are a personal choice I feel, I like the look of them but never used one but I do notice that none of the gamers I follow use a curved screen

At this price range you're probably not going to see much difference between IPS, Wled and VA but I reckon there would be a greater selection of IPS

HDR for me is hit and miss, some games it makes a huge difference to detail but on others not so much.
I play a lot of Call of Duty and currently don't have it switched on but I'm looking to buy a new AV amp that will allow this feature
so my opinion on this might change after I change amps

I know you said that you'd prefer to buy from a shop but I find Currys to be a little on the expensive side when it comes to these things
and I just happened to be on Dell's website this morning and found this and it's a little cheaper than the QHD from Currys

https://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/dell-27-curved-gaming-monitor-s2722dgm/apd/210-azzd/monitors-monitor-accessories
Or this 4K UHD offering

Last edited:
Back