Money very tight: where should my priorities lie?

My two were weaned using baby-led weaning. It's great. Just give them what you are having (but without the salt). At seven months the younger one was eating barbecued ribs at a family birthday party.

However, I don't see how anyone can have "plenty of fruit and veg" and spend €50 a week on food. I spend at least €20 a week on fruit alone.

However, I don't see how anyone can have "plenty of fruit and veg" and spend €50 a week on food. I spend at least €20 a week on fruit alone.

Tesco have a 3 for €4 deal on every week. Three packs of fruit for 4 euros. I get bananas, apples and mandarins. My local Centra also do fruit deals and I get my pears there as the LO loves pureed pears.

Veg deals also available, you just have to look for them. At the moment Rooster potatoes 1Kg pack is 49 cent in Tescos. Great Deal.

I would happily provide you with a link to this on their website but you need to be logged into your online account to see it. I would highly recommend taking a look, but here are some details:

Mixed Chillies, Carrots (600g), Leek, green pepper, Avocado, all 49c.

Also if you order online for the first time, you get €10 off :)

Tesco lag far behind the other supermarkets when it comes to fruit and veg deals - supervalu do 3 for €2, aldi have their super 6 (which started it all) and lidl have a couple of things each week.

Back