Minor sole trader

vector

My background is I am a PAYE employee (dayjob) 28,000 pa, I also started earning money as a handyman at weekends on Jan 1st 2006, the amount I receive from my customers is very minor about 125 per week, and of that materials make up say 25, this makes me a sole trader, I invoice my customers under my own name (so I don't need to register a business name with the CRO), and I don't want to charge VAT (so I don't need to register for VAT with the Revenue).

At the moment, from reading the forums, it looks like I just need to submit a "Form 12" to the Revenue before Oct 31st 2007, and on that on page 4 fill in the "Income from a Trade of Profession" section, or maybe even the more vague "Fees, Commissions, etc. not included elsewhere" on page 5.

However there is mention of a form TR1 on these forums, do I HAVE to send that to the Revenue also?

Last edited:
You should have registered at the outset using Form TR1. You should do this asap. You then need to file a 2006 Form 11 including accounts extracts by 31 October next at latest. Get professional advice unless you know exactly what you are doing.

R

ubiquitous, perhaps you would live up to your monkier spirit yourself over to page 22 of [broken link removed]

Use bold to emphasise key phrases.
• This is an underutilised tactic
• Don't bold single words

or one of the many other writing for the web guides. Using bold to highlight the key sentences allowed awake readers to avoid the fluff and get the jist.

This still makes the remainder of your post very hard to read. Read the Posting Guidelines for more guidance on formatting posts, if you wish.

OP you should have completed form TR1 at the outset as advised and its Form 11 not form 12.

You then need to file a 2006 Form 11 including accounts extracts by 31 October next at latest. Get professional advice unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Under the revenue commencement rules, where someone starts in 2006 do they not have until October 2008 to file their 06 and 07 return?

OP you should have completed form TR1 at the outset as advised and its Form 11 not form 12.
Should that be Form11E and not Form 11. Form 11E is the shorter version of Form 11 and should surfice for the type of turnover OP has.

Should that be Form11E and not Form 11. Form 11E is the shorter version of Form 11 and should surfice for the type of turnover OP has.

If filing on ROS there is no distinction between Form 11 or Form 11E. As OP has other income apart from the self-employment and depending on the overall circumstances of the case form 11 or 11E may either be applicable. Once registered, if filing manually, Revenue will issue the appropriate paper form. If filing on ROS, as said, no distinction between them.

Back