Mice in walls. Please help.

:) Many thanks everyone for your advise. I have had success! Puts traps with peanut butter in every room. Also in the attic (melted Nutella on these ones) on a posters recommendation even though it was the only place I didn't hear them! Caught 1 mouse after 24 hours and not a sound since. Delighted. The pest control guy came out again and he found my deceased mouse. After all his laying of poison etc, delighted it was caught in a trap as at least he is gone now and no smells to cont no with.
All possible access sites have been sealed up.
I know you seldom have 1 mouse, but nothing else in traps yet. It was a male mouse caught - imagine they actually look!
Lovely to be able to sit down, relax and enjoy myself in th house again. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Great news mousehelp and glad it was just a mouse (as a rule if you find mice you won't find rats!). Just make sure you do a very thorough clean down of your kitchen and any food prep areas you have. You'll need to empty out all cupboards and remove anything from all surfaces before cleaning and disinfecting. The little blighters are not particular about where they defecate!

Thanks So-crates. Have cleaned out all presses and disinfected them all. No sign of any mouse evidence or others them. Only access to presses is from the holes where plugs go through from back of a couple of the presses - near fridge and cooker. Put everything in plastic container (thanks Dealz and Mr Price) the peace is just wonderful. Still nothing in the traps so maybe just the one, noisy mouse.

Back