MBNA Judgement made against me

M

macker1234

Unfortunately as a result of denial/naiveity on my part I have had a 'judgement made against me' in relation to MBNA debt. At the moment, I pay a monthly installment of the debt to a county sheriff in Dublin. Fortunately I will be in a position to clear the amount in full next week butCan anybody tell me if this judgement will be on my credit history forever? Does this mean I will never be given a loan etc?

MBNA are part of the Irish Credit Bureau, so I'd imagine there will be something on your record. You could leave it a month or two to give it time to appear on the record and then apply to the ICB for your report.

See for details.

Whatever happens it will only stay on your record for 5 years, then it's gone. You may find it difficult to get a loan, Mortgage, credit card, during that time, but depending on how you look at it that might not be a bad thing.

Hope this helps,

-Rd

Judgement

I have heard that it is possible to have a judgement removed from your file.

Is this true ?

How do you do it ?

How much does it cost ?

Thanks

Re: Judgement

It's possible to have errors on your file corrected, or to attach a note to your file if you feel it is appropriate.

I'm not sure it's possible to have valid correct information removed from your file. That would undermine the whole system.

"if the information stored about you is incorrect, you are entitled to have this information amended and in certain circumstances, you may also have the right to have this information removed from your file."

See for more info

-Rd

I think that all that you can do is wait the five years for any "black mark" to disappear from your records. I thought that the ICB records only detailed credit repayments and defaults and not "judgements" as such?

The best way to get is cleared is to repay the debt.

Change your name by deed poll and move to a new address. Unfortunately then you won't have any credit record at all, which will make it harder still to get finance.

Whatever problems arose in terms of your loan going into arrears will show up o the ICB. If you apply for a loan/mortgage the lender will run an ICB, it's likely they will make an enquiry of the firm who has a judgement against you who entitled to inform them that a jugement has been made against you.

Dev.

Back