MBNA credit card changed to AvantCard

Yesterday (Oct 25th) my replacement Visa card arrived from Avant a mere 44 days after the request. I notice that they have changed my account number and have changed the number on my wife's card (both cards had previously the same number). This means that it would be necessary to change my card number on my Amazon, PayPal and also my bank account Bill Pay facility.
I cut the cards in two and put them in the bin. Avant is clearly not functioning properly.

This means that it would be necessary to change my card number on my Amazon, PayPal and also my bank account Bill Pay facility. I cut the cards in two and put them in the bin. Avant is clearly not functioning properly.

Huh? They've done this with all additional card-holders. It was mentioned to be occuring in one of the early letters from MBNA relating to the charge.

It's actually one thing I do like. It's very easy for them to pin point which card made the transaction etc. I had a query the other day and they were instantly able to ID what was what.

Payment details haven't changed. It's not a "new" card. A payment made to the original, main card number applies to the whole account.

help needed urgently from AAM people.

Has anyone still got the letter Avante sent to you telling you they were taking over MBna,s business.
I need only one for a ppi claim , as Avante are saying they are not liable for Mbna,s business.
Could any of you scan one to me PLEASE .

[email protected]

Gerry, there's a very slim chance I have it still in a big box of unburned papers. If you don't hear from me this evening, then it's not there. Good luck.

Also, guess who wrote to me on Friday? Yep AvantCard Customer Advocate (no phone number and a note saying we no longer provide on-line contact). The letter says: "We have now exhausted our complaint process; therefore I must inform you that this is our final response on the matter." If I wish to take the matter further I am advised to contact the Financial Services Ombudsman Bureau (leaflet enclosed). And all I wanted was to replace a faulty card. What an incompetent shower!

Back