Marian Finucan show 31/0/13 with Bill Prasifka

M

mercman

Not sure if anybody heard the Ombudsman on the Marian Finucan show this morning, but it was a very good interview and very matter of fact.

For those that haven't used the services of the FSO, it certainly was worthwhile listening.

I've seen and heard Bill Prasifka a number of times, but he did put himself across as fairly chilled out, this morning. It appears that he's a weekend man whose cylinders might fire better on a Saturday.

Ger Canning PPI;

He was not queried atall.
On PPI, the UK Ombudsman finds for 80% of cases , our Ombudsman finds for 12%.
If anyone believes it is worth listening to him explaining how Banks are using his time yet he only finds 12% against them .
I would like ANY OMBUDSMAN to explain a 12% successful claim process.
In particuler he clearly feels Banks are MESSING HIM.

Gerry, I do feel that he wasn't asked direct questions at all. The time to ask him straight questions is on a weekday or weeknight. He offered answers but they weren't the right answers. It was very much a case of "don't ask him about this and don't ask him about that' kind of interview.

I have mentioned on another thread that persons should make approaches to their local TDs if they wish to make a point of complaint. As it stands at the moment, it is very much of asking turkeys to vote for Xmas.

Saying all this the sound bites from the Interview were very more relaxed than what I have heard previously.

The points you are making are very much for the Vincent Brown show or the likes of, as he did require to be asked with a bit more rigidness. I'd say it was stage managed to say the least.

Mercman,

Sorry if my points are Vincent Brownish !!

One statistic from Ombudsmans OWN report is very telling.

He found 12% of the time or the Consumer?
Ask yourself is it possible that only 1 in 8 complaints is true?
Ask yourself how come the Uk Ombudsman ,under very similar rules finds 8 out 10 for consumer.
I think our Ombudsman needs his P 45 !

The very fabric of this country is woven to protect the banks.
Every debacle that comes over the hill is solid prove of that.

Q - On PPI, the UK Ombudsman finds for 80% of cases , our Ombudsman finds for 12%.
No surprise in the slightest.

What sort of money was made by banks with the PPI schemes?

Itsallwrong. On MOST ppi policies the sellers(Banks) received 78% of the premium , only 22% went to insurance !
Ponzi scheme comes to mind.

Also ask yourself why did Central Bank check ppi in Banks in 2006 and ONLY have a review from Aug 2007?
Also ask yourself how the Central Bank told consumers they did NOT need people like me ?
Also ask yourself how this Review does NOT cover ALL Banks?
Also ask yourself how Central Bank can use the word Independent when the Banks both hire and pay the reviewers?

Rant over for now !

Back